Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Today's The Day For The Move....
Countrygal 07:01 AM 07-07-2012
Well, today's the day I'm completely redoing my daycare space arrangement. I'm moving rooms and everything in them! I have people coming to help (some I hired), and my back is a little bit better so I can at least move and direct, even if I can't help much.

Please wish me well and send up a prayer it all fits! I have a limited amount of time, so can't really afford any set-backs.....

Heidi, I'm hoping we can paint the room the day you can come to help!!!
SilverSabre25 07:31 AM 07-07-2012
Sounds fun! I love rearranging stuff. It's so fun to see the kids react and adapt to the new (and hopefully improved!) environment!
Blackcat31 07:34 AM 07-07-2012
Ooo, I love rearranging too! Gives you such a new outlook and is always a breathe of fresh air!!!

Make sure you take tons of before and after photos!!

Have fun and don't put yourself out too much....you still have to work come Monday!!
e.j. 09:23 AM 07-07-2012
It sounds like a lot of work but don't you just love switching things around now and then? I love moving things around in my day care area and then watching the kids' reactions when they see it for the first time. The toys are all the same ones they played with the week before but for some reason, toys that never got played with are suddenly the most popular in the room.

Good luck; I hope all goes well for you.
countrymom 02:49 PM 07-07-2012
pictures, where are the pictures!!!!
Countrygal 11:22 PM 07-07-2012
Wouldn't ya know it, I forgot the "before" pics. I was gonna do that, too!!!

"after" pics will follow, as soon as I've recouped! I think I will like this set-up a lot better. Still have all those "little" things to put away, but at least have some places to put them. Still need lamps and maybe one bookshelf.

Otherwise, all's good.
Heidi 11:06 AM 07-08-2012
Yeah!!!!! If you're doing what we talked about, I think you will love it so much more!

Country has two living rooms and a large kitchen, and she was sharing ALL her space with dc. I convinced her to try seperating it..using one of the livingrooms for dc and the other for own use.

And, CGal, I have it on my calendar, and would love to help you paint. Just remember, you don't want me touching the edging...lol...you won't like the results. Hand me a roller, and we'll be fine!

Also...send me a pm with a list of stuff you will still need (like decorations, or a mirror, etc.) I will keep an eye out at the thrift stores or garage sales. Are you sure you don't want some cubbies? I can get you 4....which can be used for up to 8 kids.
countrymom 06:54 PM 07-08-2012
I need cubbies, not sure if dh wants to go for a long drive to get them haha! I love thrift store shopping, heck you should see the garage sale I landed on yesterday, it was fill a bag for a dollar, I got alot of stuff.
Countrygal 07:57 PM 07-08-2012
Heidi - I'll pm you in a day or two - still putting stuff together.
Crazy8 10:28 AM 07-09-2012
wish I lived out in Wisconsin.... I need rearranging help too, LOL!!!!

Can't wait to see the pics of your space, sounds like you did a major overhaul.
Tags:remodel, renovate
Reply Up