Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Some Things I Need To Update For New Regs
Josiegirl 03:09 AM 06-01-2017
I'll be the first to admit preparedness and paperwork are not my strong points. New regs. go into effect Sept. 1st, and I still have so much to do to be in compliance.

I find some of it so overwhelming that I don't even know where to begin. So, I haven't.
I don't have a grab'n'go kit. I've never ever needed one. We just don't live somewhere where there are ever any emergencies. We lose power occasionally but very seldom and for short periods of time. I have an evacuation plan posted in case of fire, but have never done a lock-down drill and have no clue where to start. My home is so small; I'd have no clue where we'd go. I live on a hill so floods aren't an issue. We've been told to keep an emergency stash of stuff serving 48 hrs.(I think it was 2 days worth and not just 1 day)and store it at a neighbor's house in case our home wasn't available for safety reasons.

I'm so confused and overwhelmed by all of this, and I tend to avoid things that make my head spin. But I have to get my head together and work on it. Any suggestions on how to tackle this? Or do you have written policies you could share to help me start so it doesn't feel so confusing to me?
Thanks so much for sharing any info that you can.
Tags:emergency preparedness plan
Up