Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Just Shot Myself In The Foot....
DCMomOf3 06:53 AM 01-26-2011
DCB has been out sick and today he is back. Also, mom and dad are leaving for a few days so he's pretty emotional. All of his things for the next few days are in my foyer and with it are his blankies, which he knows. I gave him one of my blankets in the playroom to distract him. Now not only is he still crying for his blanket, he is crying at anyone who even touches the one I handed him this morning.

i know I should just take it away but I know he's missing mom and dad and is probably not 100% yet.
missnikki 06:55 AM 01-26-2011
Aw, poor little guy. Maybe put the one of yours away for a day?
SilverSabre25 07:14 AM 01-26-2011
I would let him have it for today. Things are weird, mama and papa are leaving, his things are in the hall and his blankie is closer than usual, not to mention having just been sick...normalcy can resume tomorrow.
MyAngels 08:26 AM 01-26-2011
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
I would let him have it for today. Things are weird, mama and papa are leaving, his things are in the hall and his blankie is closer than usual, not to mention having just been sick...normalcy can resume tomorrow.
This is what I would do, too.
TMcCumber 09:55 AM 01-26-2011
Depending on the age of the child, I would try to explain that they are just borrowing the daycare blanket and that the other children are used to having it in the play room so they assume they are able to play with it.
Tags:sick
Reply Up