Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>New daycare
Unregistered 11:40 AM 03-04-2010
Hello everyone I just open my daycare and I wanted to know how long did it take you to get your first kid when you started , cause I been handing fliers like crazy and I got only like 4 calls in 2 weeks!!!
Pammie 01:09 PM 03-04-2010
It took me about 6 weeks to get my first daycare child - and about a total of 12 weeks until I was "full" (#6).
I think the first child is the most difficult to get - some parents are hesitant to enroll if their child is the "only one"...and you don't have current clients to use as references.
Don't give up. Keep advertising in your local paper, Craigslist, etc. Flyers at baby re-sale shops and churches have worked well for me...as has contacting the secretaries at my local elementary schools and asking them to relay my information to parents looking for childcare. Even if you're not looking for school-age kids, families new to the area often have younger siblings:-)
Good Luck!
Persephone 01:41 PM 03-04-2010
Also remember that right now people do not need child care as much. For one more people are laid off so they are at home watching their own children. And two...because people are laid off more people are watching other kids.
momma2girls 02:13 PM 03-04-2010
THis is so true!!!! I have seen a real drop in the last yr.
Tags:advertise, fliers, spots
Reply Up