Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>E. I. N. ???
MissMaries 09:23 AM 09-09-2010
How many you use an employer identifcation number (EIN) instead of your SS#? What is the difference and what is better to use? I know you need an EIN if you have employees but I will not have any employees. thanks for your help and advice

MM
newtodaycare22 09:35 AM 09-09-2010
I have a separate EIN for my business. I created an LLC and in order to file taxes as a business, I had to get a separate EIN. Otherwise, you must give parents your SS number (for them to claim their child care costs)..and I don' love that idea. Also, my bank required me to have a EIN in order to open a business checking account.
GretasLittleFriends 10:07 AM 09-09-2010
Originally Posted by newtodaycare22:
Otherwise, you must give parents your SS number (for them to claim their child care costs)..and I don' love that idea.
That is why I did it. Plus its easy to get one. (Free and app on irs website) There had been another thread a while back discussing this.
misol 10:30 AM 09-09-2010
Originally Posted by newtodaycare22:
I have a separate EIN for my business. I created an LLC and in order to file taxes as a business, I had to get a separate EIN. Otherwise, you must give parents your SS number (for them to claim their child care costs)..and I don' love that idea. Also, my bank required me to have a EIN in order to open a business checking account.
Same here. I didn't create an LLC, but I didn't want parents having my SS# and I needed an EIN to open a business checking account at my bank.
DCMom 11:17 AM 09-09-2010
Originally Posted by misol:
Same here. I didn't create an LLC, but I didn't want parents having my SS# and I needed an EIN to open a business checking account at my bank.
Same here
Unregistered 02:46 PM 10-16-2010
I had been filing married joint with my husband under my social. Now that I have and EIN, do I have to file under that or can I continue to use my social security number because they're tied together?
TomCopeland 03:57 PM 10-17-2010
When you have an EIN you must use this on your Schedule C and Schedule SE. On all other forms, use your social security number.
Tags:ein, social security number
Reply Up