Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Rate Vent
Nickel 07:39 PM 09-18-2012
So I've been talking to my husband about how people don't want to pay for care. and we agree that it is ridiculous how parents will fork out the money for dinner, movies, or whatever but don't want to pay for child care. He even said that he felt my rates were low (not low for my area) and that he couldn't believe parents weren't willing to pay more to ensure quality care for their child.

So along with the housekeeping and looking at what some people are charging, it looks like parents are willing to pay someone to come clean their house for one day, but not willing to pay almost the same rate for their child for an entire week! Grrrr... I don't get it.

There is an ad on care.com for ft infant care 730am-5pm for $60/week
Another lady contacting me asking if I could take care of 2 children 2yo and 2mo for $100/week for BOTH

Okay, vent over... for now...
I know this has been drudged up before, but it just kills me that people aren't willing to pay a decent price for child care.
dave4him 07:47 PM 09-18-2012
Yeah except i wish i could find care that cheap No really DHS pays almost just that amount for care, so the only one i really make anything from is the out of pocket parent. Otherwise i wonder sometimes if i should just ditch the two DHS kids and try getting two more out of pocket parents
Nickel 07:56 PM 09-18-2012
that sounds painful! Doesn't seem worth it to take DHS then... So even the state thinks child care is only worth that much??? Jeez.....
nanglgrl 08:40 PM 09-18-2012
Wow that's crazy! DHS pays registered providers in Iowa about $125 a week for infants, $115 for above 2 years to school age and about $105 for school agers if they are full time and that is the average cost around here. I wouldn't do it for less.
DCMama 08:42 PM 09-18-2012
60 a week!?!?!?!! gasp what is this...what is this?? how? i do not get how.
lovemykidstoo 04:45 AM 09-19-2012
Drives me crazy too. I have a new mom that has told me 3 times in the last 2 weeks how broke she is now that she's paying for daycare for her 2 year old daughter and catholic school for her other daughter. Is she trying to make me feel guilty, cause I don't LOL! Seriously, I think that's rude to say as she's handing me her check to watch her daughter that now she's broke. Like I don't have bills and don't work my butt off!
daycarediva 04:49 AM 09-19-2012
I hear you! I have atleast a call a day that ask rates first. I'm mid range for my area, and offer an amazing program and it kills me when they pull up in a BMW, and then gasp and say my rates are a mortgage payment. (Um, so is your CAR!) LOL!
KidGrind 03:35 PM 11-17-2013
My MIL charges $12 per day .
williams2008 06:46 AM 11-18-2013
I have 3 children that I receive DHS pay for and they only pay me $235.50 for all 3 of them. I think it kis so sad that the state of Arkansas doesn't think that child care is worth much more than that.
KidGrind 07:06 AM 11-18-2013
Off topic: My mother is from El Dorado.
williams2008 07:09 AM 11-18-2013
Originally Posted by KidGrind:
Off topic: My mother is from El Dorado.
Really????? I have lived here for 22 years and I wanna move sooooo bad! Does she still live here?
KidGrind 07:19 AM 11-18-2013
Originally Posted by williams2008:
Really????? I have lived here for 22 years and I wanna move sooooo bad! Does she still live here?
She left when she was 19 to the west for better opportunities. She succeeded. She is 73 now.
williams2008 07:45 AM 11-18-2013
Originally Posted by KidGrind:
She left when she was 19 to the west for better opportunities. She succeeded. She is 73 now.

I moved to Memphis in 2003 and came back home, that was a big mistake.
Tags:rates, vent
Reply Up