Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Crying Like Everyone else-Just at home
Country Kids 01:55 PM 09-25-2012
My sweetest child ever is starting to pick up habits that they see here and its getting them in trouble at home-. I'm really at a lose of what to do and worried that parents may take them out. Older preschooler is the age.

My group is very high matience it seems and I'm not sure what to do. I have a group of screamerscryers that do blood curdling screams when they are in trouble or just don't get their way.

Well this little one has started doing it and mom and dad won't go for it. When ever they aren't getting their way they start to cry and end up in huge trouble for it.

The parents have seen my group in action and I'm sure realize that they are picking it up from here. I just don't know what to do. I'm my self am getting really tired and worn down from all the crying/screaming this group does. I literally can't receive phone calls because of this and it frustrates me.

Would you talk to the parents or just let it be. The child doesn't do it here just at home.
Happy Hearts 02:49 PM 09-25-2012
Kids are little mimics that's for sure! Unfortunately, they pick up the good AND the bad!! I think the parents should be able to bring their child back to 'inside voice' with their own discipline. Be prepared though, they might pull the child.

All you can do is emphasize to your dc kids that inside voices only are to be used in the house. Try to nab the instigator first, there always is one, and praise him for inside voice use whenever he complies. Good luck
Country Kids 02:57 PM 09-25-2012
I wish I could say there is only one but there is 5 of them that do this. Not all at once but whenever they are told no about something the screaming starts. No just a scream-but I'm hurt and need help loud scream.

Its a maddening situation!
daycare 03:00 PM 09-25-2012
I had a parent complain about this once and I told them well if you can find me a childcare where there isn't a child that displays unwanted behavior Ill give you free childcare for life....they didnt say anything again.
Country Kids 03:03 PM 09-25-2012
Thats pretty much what hubs said but then I reminded him that its not just one-its five of them.

He know what a group this is and see's me struggle with behavior on a constent daily basis. So yea, he said-if its one it would be understandable but with five they might wonder whats going on.
daycare 03:08 PM 09-25-2012
THen I would tell the parents that I can't control what goes on in their home with their child, just like they can't control what their child does here.

It is up to them as parents on how they will deal with the behavior really matters. If they don't like it, then they need to figure out how they will deal with it.

I am immune to crying...it does not bother me one bit. If you are mad, sad, happy whatever you may be that is A ok....but you may not
hit, scream, yell, push, etc......
Country Kids 03:12 PM 09-25-2012
Originally Posted by daycare:
THen I would tell the parents that I can't control what goes on in their home with their child, just like they can't control what their child does here.

It is up to them as parents on how they will deal with the behavior really matters. If they don't like it, then they need to figure out how they will deal with it.

I am immune to crying...it does not bother me one bit. If you are mad, sad, happy whatever you may be that is A ok....but you may not
hit, scream, yell, push, etc......
What do you do with the ones that scream? Mine are doing the blood curdling crying/screaming when they get in trouble. Its getting to the point of ridiculous.

I ignore it but when we are outside and neighbors are slamming their windows shut-then I have to acknowledge there is a problem.
daycare 03:37 PM 09-25-2012
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
What do you do with the ones that scream? Mine are doing the blood curdling crying/screaming when they get in trouble. Its getting to the point of ridiculous.

I ignore it but when we are outside and neighbors are slamming their windows shut-then I have to acknowledge there is a problem.
if you are screaming then you are sitting on a thinking mat out of sight and direct ear shot range of the rest of the kids. They can't see anyone to entertain at all. They sit there until they are done. I will remind them, DCK I am so sorry that you are mad right now, but you may not scream. It is not ok and it hurts my ears. Every Single one of my DCK know this and won't even try it.

If they were doing it outside I would ask them...would you like to play with outside with your friends or would you like to go and sit on the thinking mat???
Reply Up