Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 12-06-2013, 01:07 PM
Daycare.com Member

Default Food Sponsor Organization

Does anyone know the steps to take to become a food sponsoring organization representative?
Old 12-06-2013, 01:34 PM
Daycare.com Member

Usually you need a degree but not all of the ones I have met had nothing to do with education, home ec or nutrition... just a degree then they answered an add from the local sponsor.
Old 12-06-2013, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by williams2008 View Post
Does anyone know the steps to take to become a food sponsoring organization representative?
You mean being the Food Program rep that visits us?

We have openings in our area ALL the time. There is no required degree to be a rep that visits daycares here. They provide the training.

It's a lot of traveling but one of the former daycare providers in my town started doing it when daycare got slow for her and now she is a full time FP rep and is ALWAYS busy.

I would just contact your local FP and ask.
Old 12-09-2013, 07:24 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcat31 View Post
You mean being the Food Program rep that visits us?

We have openings in our area ALL the time. There is no required degree to be a rep that visits daycares here. They provide the training.

It's a lot of traveling but one of the former daycare providers in my town started doing it when daycare got slow for her and now she is a full time FP rep and is ALWAYS busy.

I would just contact your local FP and ask.
Yes that's what I'm talking about. I was wondering if I would have to have some type of degree or something. I asked my Food Rep who started out doing family child care and closed down then become a rep, but she didn't go into detail she just said you have to a nonprofit.
Old 12-09-2013, 07:25 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by itlw8 View Post
Usually you need a degree but not all of the ones I have met had nothing to do with education, home ec or nutrition... just a degree then they answered an add from the local sponsor.
Okay, thank you.
Old 12-09-2013, 09:01 AM
Daycare.com Member

Now I am confused you want to be a sponsoring organization??? or work for one.

So the degree thing seems to be not a requirement except by the organization that hires you. Call your sponsor and ask them. My rep has to travel a lot as I am in the center of the state but I suppose some of them get just providers in the city.

Even if they do not have openings now , when they do if you have talked to them they may think of you.