Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>End of Day Question
Msdunny 12:18 PM 01-13-2014
How much time do you spend straightening toys at the end of your day? I try to be sure the kids have cleaned up all toys in time for pick-up, but they aren't really always careful to make sure the toys go in the right bins. My ages range from 1-3.5 and I can't separate my areas, so toys can get a bit overwhelming.

I can and do work on keeping everything under control every day, and don't mind doing that too much - I was just wondering what everyone else did and if I could be saving myself some trouble!
jenboo 01:30 PM 01-13-2014
I have a 14 month old who doesn't clean up yet but is the first one gone each day.
22 month old, 4 yr old and 5 yr old who put the toys back in the correct bins. I usually have everything done by the time the last kid is picked up. As soon as they walk out the door my work day is over!

I really need to work on disinfecting toys....I think ill start going around when the last kid leaves and spray everything with bleach water. im about to make a schedule for disinfecting toys in the sink with bleach water but havent made it yet.
childcaremom 02:01 PM 01-13-2014
My youngest leaves first so I clean up her toys as soon as she is gone. My other 2 leave within 10 mins of each other. 15 mins before they are due to go we clean up together. Once they are gone, I'm done.
Blackcat31 02:26 PM 01-13-2014
None. I don't cleanup anything left out by the kids. When they arrive the next day, they tidy up anything that was left out the day before.

I know it isn't all the same kids but here everyone pitches in...even if you didn't make the mess. Some day, some time someone will clean up for that child so it all comes out in the wash.

I know it may be different for other providers as you don't want the mess in your home after hours but that's how it works for me.

Closing time comes and I close the door and leave my "work" here until the next morning when I open again.
Msdunny 02:31 PM 01-13-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
None. I don't cleanup anything left out by the kids. When they arrive the next day, they tidy up anything that was left out the day before.

I know it isn't all the same kids but here everyone pitches in...even if you didn't make the mess. Some day, some time someone will clean up for that child so it all comes out in the wash.

I know it may be different for other providers as you don't want the mess in your home after hours but that's how it works for me.

Closing time comes and I close the door and leave my "work" here until the next morning when I open again.
Now THIS is a dream! To just close a door and leave it all behind...
Annalee 03:24 PM 01-13-2014
Originally Posted by Msdunny:
Now THIS is a dream! To just close a door and leave it all behind...
Yes it is! Did daycare for 10 LONGGGGG years in the living room which was very difficult to "just close the door", but the last 10 plus are in a large room w/kitchen, bathroom, separate entrance we built on to the house.....much, much easier when I can just close the door. By connecting to the house, my license remained the same and I didn't have to open as new daycare. I LOVE IT!
butterfly 04:59 PM 01-13-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

Me too!
Reply Up