Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Wet Diaper
LadyPearl 04:12 AM 02-11-2014
Well I guess that answers my question as to why the 2-yr old always has a soaking wet first diaper change. I checked him after being here for 15 minutes and apparently he is dropped off with a soaking wet diaper. Nice! Now I'm wondering if he gets a fresh diaper in the morning since I know he gets up and comes right here.
Cradle2crayons 04:52 AM 02-11-2014
Originally Posted by LadyPearl:
Well I guess that answers my question as to why the 2-yr old always has a soaking wet first diaper change. I checked him after being here for 15 minutes and apparently he is dropped off with a soaking wet diaper. Nice! Now I'm wondering if he gets a fresh diaper in the morning since I know he gets up and comes right here.
Tomorrow I would check him at the door. If he is wet, have mom or dad change him before they leave. That's one reason I have in my policies that all children have to be dropped off in clean clothes, changed, etc before being accepted into care.
Angelsj 05:15 AM 02-11-2014
I would ask them outright if they are changing him, but I wouldn't assume they are not just yet. I have a two year old that wakes fairly dry and lets loose in the car on the way here. She always offers to change him and I trust this mom. If anything her kids are a bit overly changed.
MotherNature 06:14 AM 02-11-2014
ugh-that's so annoying. The family I termed over the summer would frequently do that- sending this big 3 year old in a soaking wet diaper. Yuck. And then those little gel balls would be stuck to him. Gross.
CraftyMom 09:29 AM 02-11-2014
Originally Posted by MotherNature:
ugh-that's so annoying. The family I termed over the summer would frequently do that- sending this big 3 year old in a soaking wet diaper. Yuck. And then those little gel balls would be stuck to him. Gross.
I can usually tell if it was done on the way over or if the child's been in it all night. Like the gel balls as mentioned and the tell-tale smell. There's a distinct old urine smell that always tells me, despite what the parent says, that this is old urine and the child was not changed this morning. Of course the smell is not always there, but 90 percent of the time it is. You should casually bring it up or send a reminder notice to everyone, "Just a reminder, children should arrive not needing to go potty and with a clean diaper" this way you aren't specifically targeting (unless it happens repeatedly with the same child) and also reminding everyone else not to do it.
Cradle2crayons 09:45 AM 02-11-2014
My mom so the three sibling set.... I had issues with her picking up the kids at her schedule midnight pick up... And bring the almost three year old at 11:00 am the next day in the same diaper I had out on her at 8:00 pm before bed the previous night.

Even though I have the policy of bringing the child clean etc.

After the second time, I called mom on it and told her it was completely unacceptable. I mean come on....l ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwssss
LadyPearl 10:11 AM 02-11-2014
Originally Posted by Cradle2crayons:
My mom so the three sibling set.... I had issues with her picking up the kids at her schedule midnight pick up... And bring the almost three year old at 11:00 am the next day in the same diaper I had out on her at 8:00 pm before bed the previous night.

Even though I have the policy of bringing the child clean etc.

After the second time, I called mom on it and told her it was completely unacceptable. I mean come on....l ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwssss

OMG! That is so gross for that child! Doesn't say much for the mother either!
Tags:diaper issues, diaper rash, dirty diapers, drop off, overnight diaper
Reply Up