Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>dcg clashes with family member
Unregistered 07:34 AM 07-23-2014
Ever have a dck that just doesn't mesh well with one of your family members? For me it's my mom. She's been coming to help me quite a bit over the summer since I haven't felt well due to pregnancy. Almost every time she comes over dcm comes in to tell me that dcg4 has complained again that my mom is mean to her. She's not mean to her, she just expects her to behave and dcg struggles greatly with behavior. Last week my mom went with me to take the kids to the park. Dcg yanked her hand away from my mom, cut her eyes at her, and tried to pull her whole body away. My mom took hold of her hand again and said, "You're not acting like a very nice little lady and you need to behave." Then she explained about the cars in the parking lot and that you can't jerk away from an adult who is trying to keep you safe. Dcm came in a day later saying dcg said my mom told her she's not a lady and that she was mean to her again. This kind of thing happens constantly. It's just so frustrating. Dcg needs to be made to mind, but its so stressful when I'm constantly worried about what might be misconstrued and turned into something it isn't. Dcg "tattles" to mom about everything that she doesn't like in a day so I feel like there's a lot of confrontation and me having to explain what really happened because its never how it was presented. Uggh.
Heidi 07:50 AM 07-23-2014
"you know, DCM, I am glad you're so protective of dcg, but you really need to know that she often exaggerates things, like many 4 year olds. You should hear the things she tells me about you and dh!

So; we need to be on the same page. This constant questioning is quite frankly stressing me out. If you're worried about the quality of care here, maybe you need to find someone else. Otherwise, believe me when I say, no one treats her badly here."
Unregistered 09:30 AM 07-23-2014
Originally Posted by Heidi:
"you know, DCM, I am glad you're so protective of dcg, but you really need to know that she often exaggerates things, like many 4 year olds. You should hear the things she tells me about you and dh!

So; we need to be on the same page. This constant questioning is quite frankly stressing me out. If you're worried about the quality of care here, maybe you need to find someone else. Otherwise, believe me when I say, no one treats her badly here."
This is a great way to word it. Thanks!
Reply Up