Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Excited But Nervous
Cozy_Kids_Childcare 04:25 PM 03-17-2015
My 4-yr old did her preschool testing tonight. According to the tester she is very articulate and did exceptionally well. I was sitting there and she was doing fantastic. My issue is that they only take those who need help the most to prepare for Kindergarden. I wont have a letter for at least 90-days. A little boy in my daycare already got his acceptance letter for the head start according to his address. Mom called and they said that just because he got into that one doesn't mean that he will be able to get into the same one my daughter is zoned for. The testing lady told me she can't say if my daughter will get in because they have a quota to meet.
Blackcat31 04:37 PM 03-17-2015
Originally Posted by Cozy_Kids_Childcare:
My 4-yr old did her preschool testing tonight. According to the tester she is very articulate and did exceptionally well. I was sitting there and she was doing fantastic. My issue is that they only take those who need help the most to prepare for Kindergarden. I wont have a letter for at least 90-days. A little boy in my daycare already got his acceptance letter for the head start according to his address. Mom called and they said that just because he got into that one doesn't mean that he will be able to get into the same one my daughter is zoned for. The testing lady told me she can't say if my daughter will get in because they have a quota to meet.
Is this for Head Start or regular preschool?

Waiting is tough no matter what you are waiting for... Hang in there.. It sounds ascthough your DD is more than ready for Kindy.
Cozy_Kids_Childcare 04:46 PM 03-17-2015
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Is this for Head Start or regular preschool?

Waiting is tough no matter what you are waiting for... Hang in there.. It sounds ascthough your DD is more than ready for Kindy.
It is more of a head start I believe. Basically they are a title 1 preschool. The kids with the lowest scores get in first and then they fill spaces from lowest to highest. It was sooo funny. When the lady comes out my dd said hello my name is Teagan and I'm here to take my test. Then the lady asked her what her name was again and Teagan told her full name. Then asked her age and Teagan replied with I am 4. Do you have any brothers or sisters. Yes I have 2. One is Ethan and one is Abby they are both older than me though. They gave her four pictures and asked her which pool was the shallowest. She got it right. I didn't even know she knew what shallow was. She knew what a cylinder was so she does listen to me apparently. She did miss a curved line though. She missed a few other things too that was more because of the way the testing lady asked it but it's all good.
Reply Up