Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Baby Food at 5 Months
midaycare 10:02 AM 10-18-2016
I have a dcg who will turn 5 months this week. Dcf says doctor said okay to baby food, but I won't serve until 6 months. Every day baby food is packed, and I provide all the food! Well, I will anyway, once dcg turns 6 months.

I love this dcf and want to come off as noce when I next tell them to stop sending food for a few weeks. Not that it matters, but this is a baby in the 95%. She's enormous. I think she's eating her bf'ing mom into exhaustion and that is why theyare pushing food. It's gotten to the point I have to supplement with formula because dcm can only give me about 6 oz per day.

So what do I say (nicely) to tell them no more food until 6 months?
laundrymom 10:21 AM 10-18-2016
Do they know you're supplementing?
kendallina 10:33 AM 10-18-2016
I assume you have specifically said to them, in person, that you won't serve food until 6 months? If you have and they still send it, I wouldn't say anything and just start baby on food at 6 months as discussed.
Ariana 10:46 AM 10-18-2016
Originally Posted by kendallina:
I assume you have specifically said to them, in person, that you won't serve food until 6 months? If you have and they still send it, I wouldn't say anything and just start baby on food at 6 months as discussed.
This. You have done what you can and they are ignoring you and being passive agressive by sending the food. They will be bringing home a lot of rotten food for many weeks if they don't catch on soon
midaycare 11:02 AM 10-18-2016
Originally Posted by laundrymom:
Do they know you're supplementing?
Of course.
midaycare 11:03 AM 10-18-2016
Originally Posted by kendallina:
I have. I told dcm I wasn't comfortable with serving food until 6 months. She keeps saying, "The doctor says go ahead!"
finsup 11:12 AM 10-18-2016
Originally Posted by midaycare:
I have. I told dcm I wasn't comfortable with serving food until 6 months. She keeps saying, "The doctor says go ahead!"
Maybe tell her that's great if she wants to do it but for now dcb can practice at home. That way, he'll do great when he starts baby food with you at 6m and dcm will have ruled out any potential allergies. And then "oh, and I noticed you have packed baby food frequently, thank you for that but all food is provided so don't even worry about it! I'd hate to see it get wasted, or spilled etc in the bag and as per my policy outside food is only allowed with prior permission (if you have that policy).
Blackcat31 11:21 AM 10-18-2016
Originally Posted by midaycare:
I have a dcg who will turn 5 months this week. Dcf says doctor said okay to baby food, but I won't serve until 6 months. Every day baby food is packed, and I provide all the food! Well, I will anyway, once dcg turns 6 months.

I love this dcf and want to come off as noce when I next tell them to stop sending food for a few weeks. Not that it matters, but this is a baby in the 95%. She's enormous. I think she's eating her bf'ing mom into exhaustion and that is why theyare pushing food. It's gotten to the point I have to supplement with formula because dcm can only give me about 6 oz per day.

So what do I say (nicely) to tell them no more food until 6 months?
Are you on a food program?

You could share the infant meal patterns with her and maybe she could "see" what the serving sizes are for a child her age....

If the doctor is recommending serving baby food this young, he/she must be aware that the baby is in the 95% range.... I wonder if the Dr has said anything?

If you do agree to start foods, I'd ask for a written plan from the Dr in regards to what, when and how much.
midaycare 11:38 AM 10-18-2016
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Are you on a food program?

You could share the infant meal patterns with her and maybe she could "see" what the serving sizes are for a child her age....

If the doctor is recommending serving baby food this young, he/she must be aware that the baby is in the 95% range.... I wonder if the Dr has said anything?

If you do agree to start foods, I'd ask for a written plan from the Dr in regards to what, when and how much.
I am on the food program. Just recently signed on again.

I don't know what else the doc has said except she is healthy, according to dcm.

No way am I starting foods early.

I think the food program does forbid baby food before 6 months...good call!
midaycare 11:39 AM 10-18-2016
Originally Posted by finsup:
Maybe tell her that's great if she wants to do it but for now dcb can practice at home. That way, he'll do great when he starts baby food with you at 6m and dcm will have ruled out any potential allergies. And then "oh, and I noticed you have packed baby food frequently, thank you for that but all food is provided so don't even worry about it! I'd hate to see it get wasted, or spilled etc in the bag and as per my policy outside food is only allowed with prior permission (if you have that policy).
I like it! Nice but effective.
Reply Up