Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Tell Me if I'm Being Unreasonable
CountryRoads 07:20 AM 10-21-2019
Dcb3.5 has never told me has to use the potty. Mom swears that he uses it at home, and she knows he does not use it here. She tried sending him in underwear a few months ago and he had an accident. She stopped mentioning it up until recently. I should add that I have caught her in several lies, so I never believed that he was trained at home.

Everyday it's "you better uses the potty", "you have to use the potty today or you don't get a treat", etc.

He will only use it, and maybe only 75% of the time, if I tell him to sit. He has never told me he has to go. Every diaper change, he is wet.

Dcm shows up this morning and said he was in underwear all weekend. She sent him in underwear today. I'm not very optimistic, but we'll see. Dcm said "I figured if I don't put him in underwear it's never going to happen because he's being stubborn about it here."

My policy is very clear on potty training that he must be trained at home first with parents, then I will assist here. It also says the child must stay in pull-ups until he/she has shown to be potty trained at daycare. I should've spoke up, but I figured I should believe her when she said he was in underwear all weekend.

She told me she packed extra underwear and 2 pairs of pants. But, of course, if he has even 1 accident, he will be going in pull-ups.

Should I wait to see if he has an accident then send her a reminder of my policy? How should I handle this?
Tags:enforcing policies - consistency, parents - are helpless, parents - don't cooperate
Up