Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Need Fan Noise Alternative
kitkat 01:00 PM 10-05-2011
Dcb needs a loud fan noise for naptime. But now that it's getting cooler, the fan is put away. What else can I use to make the fan noise besides a fan? I've tried our air purifier, but that isn't loud enough. I've tried the lullaby cd on repeat hoping it's just a repetitive sound, but that didn't do it. The humidifier worked, but I need it else where right now. He falls asleep fine with the above, but he'd sleep longer with the fan noise. Any other thoughts on what I can use?
cheerfuldom 01:05 PM 10-05-2011
Toys R Us had a CD that I bought that has a washer/dryer, waves, white noise and other similar noise options. that could work for you.
Michael 02:50 PM 10-05-2011
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom:
Toys R Us had a CD that I bought that has a washer/dryer, waves, white noise and other similar noise options. that could work for you.
The washer/dryer sounds were a great help when my son had colic. They DO work.
Unregistered 04:09 PM 10-05-2011
What about then fan on but point it at the wall away from him?
ritah 04:20 PM 10-05-2011
Google "sound spa". They usually come with different sounds like rain, ocean, rainforest, etc. and are awesome for white noise.
GretasLittleFriends 06:03 PM 10-05-2011
Turn the a radio on to a non-station so it's just static.
sahm2three 06:51 PM 10-05-2011
Originally Posted by kitkat:
Dcb needs a loud fan noise for naptime. But now that it's getting cooler, the fan is put away. What else can I use to make the fan noise besides a fan? I've tried our air purifier, but that isn't loud enough. I've tried the lullaby cd on repeat hoping it's just a repetitive sound, but that didn't do it. The humidifier worked, but I need it else where right now. He falls asleep fine with the above, but he'd sleep longer with the fan noise. Any other thoughts on what I can use?
I downloaded a fan noise and some other white noise sounds and put them on a cheap shuffle ipod and play that in the rooms with a small portable speaker. Works like a charm. I place them near the door to drown out any excess noise from the main part of the house (ie screamers that don't sleep and etc)
Childminder 07:31 PM 10-05-2011
Paid $13 dollars for a Conair sound machine a few years ago and it has been on for every sleep time since. Parents all want to know what I have that makes them sleep so well. Homedics also makes one as well as other companies do too. Amazon is a good source for comparison shopping. I recommend that you get one that runs without a timer so that it doesn't shut off in the middle of nap.
Meeko 09:01 AM 10-06-2011
I have a sound machine that makes a rushing wind sound without the actual air! It also makes the sound of waves and rain. Got it on Amazon a few years ago. In the summer, I use an actual fan for comfort, along with a sleep CD. But in the cold winter (I'm in Utah!) the sound machine works well.
thecrazyisout 09:05 AM 10-06-2011
If you have an Iphone or an Ipod Touch, you can download an app called White Noise..there is a free one and one that you pay for. It has many options. I put that on for myself at night, and just pop it into my docking station
Tags:noise, sleep - help aids, soother
Reply Up