Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Non Payment Section Of Contract
afmama 07:02 PM 06-24-2011
And I don't mean what happens when they don't pay...

But how did you phrase the part of your contract that talks about when pay is due. Basically I want them to pay every week no matter what UNLESS I am closed for illness, they are using vacation days, snow days, or if their scheduled day of care falls on a holiday where I am closed.

How do I phrase that in a nicer way ?
wdmmom 06:27 AM 07-06-2011
Payments are accepted in the form of cash or check and are required at drop off time on the day it is due. Payments are due on your child's last day of attendance for the upcoming week. (Translation: If your child attends Monday through Wednesday, payment will be due each Wednesday morning for the upcoming week.) Parents paying monthly are required to pay the same day each month. Payments due over a weekend are the the Friday before. Payments not received by closing time on Friday will be charged a late fee of $10 per day. (Maximum $50.00) No services will be provided until payment and all fees are paid. No exceptions!
Cat Herder 07:17 AM 07-06-2011
I will give two examples of my contract format.

" Payment in full is due Monday for the week, in advance. This payment is due regardless of attendance as Childcare fees are based on full-time, yearly slots. The only exceptions to this rule are:

a. ************
b. ************
c. ************"

"Q. I don't have to work tomorrow. Do I still have to pay for daycare if my child does not attend?

A. Yes, payment in full for the week will be due. Tuition is not attendance based. Please refer to your signed contract for further explanation. "

I don't put anything "nice" in my written documents. I want it to be Clear and Concise and not open to interpretation.

The bulleted format helps the parents understand the contract. The FAQ portion helps enforce it and weeds out potential loopholes.

I need contract issues and parental arguing to a minimum so that I can focus my attention on the kids, not drama.

The parents need to understand what they are signing so they don't feel like they have somehow been tricked or mislead when it is enforced later.
Cat Herder 04:04 PM 07-14-2011
So, how did you decide to word it?
Tags:contract, contract - clear, contract - non payment, non-payment, policies - categories
Reply Up