Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Contracts/Policy Handbook
Country Kids 03:21 PM 08-04-2011
I'm putting together my first handbook! Wow, things have changed since I first started eons ago and you just had a contract. So I have some questions for everyone.

Contracts-How long do you make yours and exactly what to you include.

Registration forms-Are these with your contracts, handbook or totally seperate. In mine I have all their information, release forms, doctor/dentist info. and allergies.

Handbook-How long do you make it and what all do you put in one. I never have seen one and just heard of them in the last year or two. Want to get everything done over the weekend and out to the parents.

Thank you for all your help!
Michael 03:24 PM 08-04-2011
Check the TAGs below. There are many samples of both contract and handbook from our members past and present.
Abigail 10:22 AM 08-06-2011
My contract is three pages, but it is really two pages front/back then the signature page is the last page. It isn't short, but isn't long and looks nice because the back page is blank.

Registration forms-Are these with your contracts, handbook or totally seperate. In mine I have all their information, release forms, doctor/dentist info. and allergies.
Registration forms I'm guessing are the standard forms needed for every child. These will not be stapled with a handbook or contract. They will all be listed in the handbook as forms that much be completed prior to enrollment. I will give each family who enrolls a folder (buy now while back-to-school is available) which will contain as many copies as they need along with the handbook which we will all go over and then go over the contract. I will not let the contract leave my home unless it's the copy of one that was signed mostly because someone can come in and interview and take my required forms and handbook, but the hard work also went into my contract which they don't need until they're sure they agree to how I run my business and will enroll.

Handbook-How long do you make it and what all do you put in one. I never have seen one and just heard of them in the last year or two. Want to get everything done over the weekend and out to the parents.
My handbook is 5 pages, but font size 10. Half of it is basic information on safety and rules that I must follow. The other half is completely personalized about my daycare and that I have cats and such. The last page is a signature page. I'm really glad I have one because it gives me something to rely on and sets up my daycare. I have step by step what will happen for discipline, fire/tornado safety, meal times, potty training, etc.
e.j. 12:34 PM 08-06-2011
My contact is one page long. It includes the child/family names, hours/days of care, tuition amount, a paragraph stating the parent has read the handbook and agrees to follow the policies in it and signature lines for the parent and me to sign and date.

My registration/enrollment forms are separate from my handbook and contract. They include all of the info you listed - contact info, info about the child and his development history, permission forms, health info, emergency contact info, etc.

Handbook-How long do you make it and what all do you put in one. Mine is 14 pages long. (It has grown over the years!) I include an intro about myself, my experience, education, etc. Then I have separate paragraphs about admission and enrollment procedures, the trial period, hours of operation and attendance, transportation policy, arrival and departure policies, release (of the child) policy, information about my program, progress reports (mandated by the state), policy about toys and other items from home, field trips, dress and personal supplies, info on meals and snacks, rest time, toilet training, child guidance, oral health (mandated by the state), illness exclusion policy, emergency procedures, info about drop in care, tuition payments, overtime rates and additional fees, holiday and vacation policies, info on personal days, substitute care, schedule changes, termination of care, reserving child care spots, miscellaneous policies that don't fall into the other categories, contact info for the state child care agency and info explaining I'm a mandated reporter and what that means (both are info I'm required to include by the state) and then a short paragraph thanking the parent for choosing me as their child care provider.
Tags:contract, handbook, registration, samples
Reply Up