Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Why Do I Feel Like The Bad Guy...
KBCsMommy 06:18 PM 12-18-2011
Because daycare parents feel like they dont have to pay because they were sick or are taking the day off to play hookey.

Last week first dcp says: " I dont have to pay for Friday because Im taking the day off. Right?"

ME: "UMMM! Yes you do have to pay! Im still open....just because your not working doesnt mean Im not working!!"

DCP: "Ok! Fine well I guess I will drop her off anyways!"

ME: "Great I love having your dd here!! Shes so sweet and cute and I will miss her over vacation!!!"""

Then tonite. I called another dcp reminding them they owed me for last week and this week. DCG was sick her 2 contracted days.

DCP: "I thought because I called 2 hours before that got me out of my daycare payment?"

ME: " UMMMM! No calling 2 hours before is a courtesy letting me know your dd wont be attending, you still have to pay your contracted days. Please check your contract!!!""

WTH!!! Its the first thing I tell parents when I go over the contract, and its the first thing they forget! Ive never had to enforce payment or tell parents they owe me money.

Very Irritating.
Michelle 06:24 PM 12-18-2011
and awkward!
Breezy 06:25 PM 12-18-2011
They see us as the babysitter. Not women with careers just like them. I always feel like the bad guy too when I enforce things in the contract THEY agreed to.
safechner 08:49 PM 12-18-2011
It sounds like they are trying to get out of payments that they were hoping you let it slide. That is not going to happen! What an idiot those parents...
VioletCupcake 10:27 PM 12-18-2011
This month I have had to tell all six of my families that they still had to pay for sick or vacation days. I have told them multiple times before and it is all over the handbook and contract. I was thinking it was because of the holidays. So in my newsletter I reminded them about it again, and I also said "please think of my family as well as yours". Too bad it didn't really work as I still had to remind 4 of the families after they got the newsletter. Hopefully it will sink in for all our DCPs!
LittleCrawfishCC 04:39 AM 12-19-2011
I totally agree, most people look at in-home daycares as babysitter services! Its sad. But what they don't realize is we have more to do, deal with, and pay for then centers. Sorry your having to do this!
I had a parent, mind you the one that doesn't deal with me, say, well I though our contract was only for before and after care. I was like no! It is for year round, including holidays. If you would like I could fill your spot with someone that doesn't mind! Needless to say the husband called me right after, and was like I don't mind paying full rate, don't mind her, she doesn't know whats going on lol
mismatchedsocks 05:25 AM 12-19-2011
I give 5 vacation days a year to each full time family. One of my families is really great about just paying same amount each week and not worrying about days off. Well this one family asked me this morning, "so I have all 5 vacation days this week, so we dont have to pay this week right?" I said if you keep your son home you dont, she said "oh he will be at daycare" I said "well then you still owe" WHAT THE HECK!?
Meeko 09:52 AM 12-19-2011
Originally Posted by lilrugrats:
I give 5 vacation days a year to each full time family. One of my families is really great about just paying same amount each week and not worrying about days off. Well this one family asked me this morning, "so I have all 5 vacation days this week, so we dont have to pay this week right?" I said if you keep your son home you dont, she said "oh he will be at daycare" I said "well then you still owe" WHAT THE HECK!?
I too have had parents think that vacation time meant they didn't have to pay AND their kids could still attend!!!!
KBCsMommy 10:16 AM 12-19-2011
At least we get a vacation coming up!!!

Vacation from the parents!!!

I cant believe what these parents think they can pull!!!
Tags:contract, late payment, parents - ask too much, payment issues
Reply Up