Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Silly Me, I Assumed You Read It
Play Care 06:50 AM 08-05-2013
The contract that is. I had a child out most of last week due to illness. Dad shows up on Saturday with payment. I was in the middle of my younger daughters birthday party and didn't count it right then so I didn't know until yesterday it was $20 short. I addressed it with Dad this morning and he thought that because she was out, he didn't have to pay full tuition. Despite it being in my contract that full payment is due even if the child is out sick.

So today after he left I photocopied his contract and highlighted the clause about payment and illness in addition I highlighted his initials right next to that section.

This is not the first time I've had something come up with this parent where it's clear he did not read the contract before signing off on it.
Blackcat31 08:34 AM 08-05-2013
Originally Posted by Play Care:
The contract that is. I had a child out most of last week due to illness. Dad shows up on Saturday with payment. I was in the middle of my younger daughters birthday party and didn't count it right then so I didn't know until yesterday it was $20 short. I addressed it with Dad this morning and he thought that because she was out, he didn't have to pay full tuition. Despite it being in my contract that full payment is due even if the child is out sick.

So today after he left I photocopied his contract and highlighted the clause about payment and illness in addition I highlighted his initials right next to that section.

This is not the first time I've had something come up with this parent where it's clear he did not read the contract before signing off on it.
Exactly what I do as well.

I can't make parents read the materials I give them and have to fight hard to remain silent when I hear the "Oh, I didn't know....." line....

Failure to read the requirements of the contract YOU (parent) signed is in NO way MY problem.
BumbleBee 01:33 PM 08-05-2013
Yup I refuse to babysit parents to. You signed it, it's binding, not my fault you didn't read it.
MarinaVanessa 07:02 PM 08-05-2013

And unfortunately this will probably not be the last
Play Care 04:01 AM 08-06-2013
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
And unfortunately this will probably not be the last
The scary thing is he is going to be a State Trooper, and he signs a legally binding document without reading it!
TheGoodLife 05:15 AM 08-06-2013
The scary thing is he is going to be a State Trooper, and he signs a legally binding document without reading it!
Naw, he read it- I'm sure he's just trying to see if he could get away with paying less!
Tags:contract
Reply Up