Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Help With Wording!
registered member 12:26 PM 01-25-2014
I am changing a bunch of things on my contract/handbook for new families and i want to add under my vacation section, not to call, text, email or facebook message me during my vacation days and holidays. But if there is some kind of emergency or other important information that cant wait that this ok. I need help wording it to sound professional, strict but in a nice way lol!

This is mountainside13, i am on my new laptop and cant remember my password, which is remembered by my iphone.
KidGrind 12:32 PM 01-25-2014
I wouldn’t include anything about emergencies.

People have a very loose definition of emergency. If it’s a true emergency they should be calling 9-1-1.
mountainside13 12:40 PM 01-25-2014
Originally Posted by KidGrind:
I wouldn’t include anything about emergencies.

People have a very loose definition of emergency. If it’s a true emergency they should be calling 9-1-1.
Lol! So just say unless it is important? I had 1 family who's child was in the hospital from the flu. I found out about it the next day and she said she didn't want to bother me on my day off. It was really sweet but stuff like that I want to know and I don't want the families to think that they can't text me.

On the other hand I have had and do have parents that text me on my days off to just chat like were friends. Earlier in the month I was sick and a (previous now) parent texted me over and over again making me feel bad for being sick. Took off MLK day and the same parent kept texting me making me feel guilty for taking the day off a year in advance. They aren't here anymore. But I want to have it for future families without coming off a too mean.
Blackcat31 12:42 PM 01-25-2014
I agree.
People define emergencies based on importance to them NOT based on inconvenience to you.

I would simply not respond to any communications after business hours or on your days off.

If anyone says anything the next business day, just tell them you weren't on the clock and look at them funny... They usually get it.
mountainside13 03:28 PM 01-25-2014
Thanks!
Tags:contract, handbook
Reply Up