Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Extended Leave Policy
Abigail 01:09 PM 03-24-2011
This is what I have so far. I'm thinking about adding a thid paragraph about holding fees for those wanting to enroll a second or third child, but right now it's basically extended leave. Is there another name I should title this section because it's not technically a "leave" if the child can attend part time, it is really a temporary change in status.

Also, do I need to have all the numbers written down and this contract would already serve for when someone may use the extended leave or do I have a separate contract to be signed stating dates and rates?
Extended Leave
Extended leave due to illness (therefore no notice given), client pays the full weekly rate for the first two weeks. Additional time missed after the initial two weeks of absence will be half the weekly rate to hold the spot for up to twelve weeks. The first week returning to care will be pro-rated.

Extended leave for maternity leave, summer vacations, or any other form of extended leave will require a two-week written notice and will pay half the weekly rate to hold the spot for up to twelve weeks. Child may attend care during this time on an agreed upon consistent two days a week schedule.

daycare 01:13 PM 03-24-2011
Originally Posted by Abigail:
This is what I have so far. I'm thinking about adding a thid paragraph about holding fees for those wanting to enroll a second or third child, but right now it's basically extended leave. Is there another name I should title this section because it's not technically a "leave" if the child can attend part time, it is really a temporary change in status.

Also, do I need to have all the numbers written down and this contract would already serve for when someone may use the extended leave or do I have a separate contract to be signed stating dates and rates?
Extended Leave
Extended leave due to illness (therefore no notice given), client pays the full weekly rate for the first two weeks. Additional time missed after the initial two weeks of absence will be half the weekly rate to hold the spot for up to twelve weeks. The first week returning to care will be pro-rated.

Extended leave for maternity leave, summer vacations, or any other form of extended leave will require a two-week written notice and will pay half the weekly rate to hold the spot for up to twelve weeks. Child may attend care during this time on an agreed upon consistent two days a week schedule.
sounds almost exactly like mine, except I only give 6 weeks for maternity leave and only those that are full time can use the DC two days a week.

What if you have a child that attends only two days a week or 3? then allowing them to pay half rate and still come for two days means you are doing the same amount of work as before with a lot less pay.....

This is why I dont want to take any more part time kids......
Abigail 01:16 PM 03-24-2011
Originally Posted by daycare:
sounds almost exactly like mine, except I only give 6 weeks for maternity leave and only those that are full time can use the DC two days a week.

What if you have a child that attends only two days a week or 3? then allowing them to pay half rate and still come for two days means you are doing the same amount of work as before with a lot less pay.....

This is why I dont want to take any more part time kids......
Good point. My "perfect" vision is only full timers so that is my viewpoint. I'll go in and adjust it. Does this sound better?

Extended Leave
Extended leave due to illness (therefore no notice given), client pays the full weekly rate for the first two weeks. Additional time missed after the initial two weeks of absence will be half the weekly rate to hold the spot for up to six weeks. The first week returning to care will be pro-rated.

Extended leave for maternity leave, summer vacations, or any other form of extended leave for full time enrollment will require a two-week written notice and will pay half the weekly rate to hold the spot for up to six weeks. A full time child may attend care during this time on an agreed upon consistent two days a week schedule. Extended leave for part time enrollment is not available.
daycare 01:32 PM 03-24-2011
Originally Posted by Abigail:
Good point. My "perfect" vision is only full timers so that is my viewpoint. I'll go in and adjust it. Does this sound better?

Extended Leave
Extended leave due to illness (therefore no notice given), client pays the full weekly rate for the first two weeks. Additional time missed after the initial two weeks of absence will be half the weekly rate to hold the spot for up to six weeks. The first week returning to care will be pro-rated.

Extended leave for maternity leave, summer vacations, or any other form of extended leave for full time enrollment will require a two-week written notice and will pay half the weekly rate to hold the spot for up to six weeks. A full time child may attend care during this time on an agreed upon consistent two days a week schedule. Extended leave for part time enrollment is not available.
you write so magical.....lol

I love it!

but maybe someone has better advice....lol

I still have not given out my PHB because I keep comming across situations on here that make me realize I have to change something.....lol
Abigail 05:39 PM 03-24-2011
Originally Posted by daycare:
you write so magical.....lol

I love it!

but maybe someone has better advice....lol

I still have not given out my PHB because I keep comming across situations on here that make me realize I have to change something.....lol
Thanks. I'm the same as you for learning more and more, but I'm also lucky because I can't open my own daycare until we buy a house which might be this summer if we find one we like. I'm planning to be ready by summer so all this paperwork can be done. I'm also going to prepare a drop-in contract as well so I can start getting clients to spread word of mouth to help fill my openings.
Tags:contract, extended leave, half rate, lower rates, maternity leave, policy, rules, two week notice, vacation
Reply Up