Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Optional Contracts
Oneluckymom 07:17 PM 08-17-2011
Hi Guys, I was wondering what I would do if I decided to offer DCP's "date night Fridays" or half day Saturdays at an additional cost. Would I need a separate contract for those days or would I just right it into my handbook that these are services available to them? Any ideas? Thanks
Michael 12:56 AM 08-18-2011
Some threads: https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14798

https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...ents+night+out
Pammie 04:07 AM 08-18-2011
I offer Parent's Nights Out most Friday nights. (I'm home alone anyway<dh works 3rd shifts on weekends>, and the extra income is nice)

I don't have a separate contract, but I do spell out my guidelines in my handbook and every couple of months in my monthly newsletter - I want the evening to be "no hassle" for everyone - especially me My dcps are really good at following my rules - they don't want to lose the privilege

I do have enrollment paperwork (Emergency forms and such) for every child that attends - updated annually.

Here's how I run my Parent's Nights Out:
- As a perk to my Current clients , they must reserve space by Wednesdays at 5pm (closing time) to guarantee a spot for their child/ren. They're welcome to request space later in the week, but they lose their guarantee of space available after Wednesdays at 5.
-Former clients and families with older siblings no longer in care, can request space beginning on Thursday mornings.
-All spaces are first paid/first reserved. Dcps pay when they reserve the spot. If they cancel, I refund their payment ONLY if another family takes their place.
-Children not in attendance at daycare on Friday afternoons can be dropped-off after 5:15pm (I close at 5 - so there is no overlap of kids - I still have to follow licensing ratio guidelines even at night)
-Pickups are by 11:30.

Hope that helps!
I'm running a Parent's Night Out this Friday - and already have $120 in an envelope in my kitchen from parents that have reserved space
Oneluckymom 06:25 AM 08-18-2011
Thanks Pammie...this answers a lot of questions I had. I may offer this as adoption to my parents. :-)
Mom&Provider 10:01 AM 08-18-2011
Originally Posted by Pammie:
I'm running a Parent's Night Out this Friday - and already have $120 in an envelope in my kitchen from parents that have reserved space
Just wondering....what do you charge per Friday night? This is not something I offer, but would consider it over the holidays etc.
Pammie 10:05 AM 08-18-2011
Originally Posted by Mom&Provider:
Just wondering....what do you charge per Friday night? This is not something I offer, but would consider it over the holidays etc.
$20/child. I don't offer discounts for siblings or early pick-ups. And I'm generally at capacity each week
Due to licensing, I'm limited to #6 children here at a time.
Mom&Provider 10:05 AM 08-18-2011
Thanks Pammie!
Tags:contract, date night, handbook, parents night out
Reply Up