Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How Does Your Part-Time And Full-Time Contracts/Policies Differ?
tbutler 01:04 PM 08-30-2011
I'm advertising part-time care (Day options: MWF or TTh) since enrollment is slow. I would like to know how and if you write your Part-Time Contracts different from your Full Time Contract and if you add any additional verbage/policies for PT care into your handbook.
MarinaVanessa 01:24 PM 08-30-2011
My FT and PT contract is the same. I just mark whether they are full or part time. Other than the rate amount they all follow the same policies. The only contract that I have that is different is my drop-in contract.
tbutler 01:32 PM 08-30-2011
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
My FT and PT contract is the same. I just mark whether they are full or part time. Other than the rate amount they all follow the same policies. The only contract that I have that is different is my drop-in contract.
I would like to offer drop in but I feel like it's to stressful to keep up with. What is your contract verbage if you dont mind?
Christian Mother 01:36 PM 08-30-2011
Mine is the same also. With Full Time and Part Time there is a contract with time slots for hrs. Parent handbook to out lines rules. Drop in's are diff. no contract and I change $5 a hr. I am pretty selective on drop in care though. Usually just for friends or family in daycare right now.
tbutler 02:09 PM 08-30-2011
Originally Posted by Christian Mother:
Mine is the same also. With Full Time and Part Time there is a contract with time slots for hrs. Parent handbook to out lines rules. Drop in's are diff. no contract and I change $5 a hr. I am pretty selective on drop in care though. Usually just for friends or family in daycare right now.
Thanks for the info on what you charge for drop ins. I don't think I'd like different, random people in and out of my house for drop ins. That's why I don't offer it. I understand why you only take family and friends.
MarinaVanessa 03:23 PM 08-30-2011
Originally Posted by tbutler:
I would like to offer drop in but I feel like it's to stressful to keep up with. What is your contract verbage if you dont mind?
You really want to know?? Lol. My DH says it's harsh until this week after having issues with a DCM. It hasn't been difficult for me to have drop-ins as long as I have payment at the start of each day and they follow the contract. The particular drop-in mom that I'm having issues with I did not have sign a contract and now I paying for it .

PM me your email and I'll email you my contract. It's a couple pages long.
tbutler 04:06 PM 08-30-2011
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
You really want to know?? Lol. My DH says it's harsh until this week after having issues with a DCM. It hasn't been difficult for me to have drop-ins as long as I have payment at the start of each day and they follow the contract. The particular drop-in mom that I'm having issues with I did not have sign a contract and now I paying for it .

PM me your email and I'll email you my contract. It's a couple pages long.
Lol, yes Marina, I really want to know. I'm trying to learn as much as I can from everyone so that I can be prepared (hopefully) when different situations arise. I bet your hubby thinks differently now about your "harshness", lol.

I'm PM'ing you now.
wdmmom 06:14 AM 08-31-2011
The only difference I have in my PT vs. FT contract is payment. My payment is usually due on Friday for the upcoming week. For PT, I have it listed that payment is due the last day of attendance for the upcoming week.

PT clients also need to pay holidays and days off regardless of whether the holiday falls on an attendance day or not.

Hope that helps!
tbutler 07:21 AM 08-31-2011
Originally Posted by wdmmom:
The only difference I have in my PT vs. FT contract is payment. My payment is usually due on Friday for the upcoming week. For PT, I have it listed that payment is due the last day of attendance for the upcoming week.

PT clients also need to pay holidays and days off regardless of whether the holiday falls on an attendance day or not.

Hope that helps!
Thanks a lot. I can add PT clients also need to pay holidays and days off regardless of whether the holiday falls on an attendance day or not. to my handbook. I forgot about that.
Tags:contract, part time, policies
Reply Up