Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>New Contracts, Now This...
wahmof3 06:37 PM 12-06-2011
So I handed out my new contracts this past Friday (previous posts will give details) but basically went from a daily rate to a weekly rate- including paid holidays.

I have 4 families: Dcf 1- state funded, the other 3 dcf are teachers and 1 is already on my new rate bc they started last month.

SOOO how do I handle the questions that I am getting??

How much information do I give them? Meaning-do I need to give them an explaination of WHY I am going from a daily rate to a weekly rate?

I am trying to keep this very very professional and keeping my emotion out of it.

As far as the holidays "typically" its 1 day in a week so I still have the kids 3-4 days that week which is still full time hours. So do I explain this to them?

Thanks in advance!!!!!!!!
wdmmom 06:44 PM 12-06-2011
There's a very simple answer:

"This is what I felt I needed to do for myself, my family and for the future of the daycare."

If this answer isnt' good enough, "It's easier from a paperwork standpoint."
bice99 07:43 PM 12-06-2011
As a former teacher, I know that teachers do get paid for holidays as well. But don't make the mistake I did - my first year, a teacher said, well these 2 (cannot remember which ones they were) are not paid for us, so I don't have to pay you.
wahmof3 08:52 AM 12-07-2011
Originally Posted by wdmmom:
There's a very simple answer:

"This is what I felt I needed to do for myself, my family and for the future of the daycare."

If this answer isnt' good enough, "It's easier from a paperwork standpoint."
Thanks, this is good

Im beginning to think they want me to say: "oh I didn't mean to add that to your contract, sorry for the misunderstanding."
Tags:contract, weekly, weekly rates
Reply Up