Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Contracts For Drop-In Care?
Abigail 09:59 PM 12-13-2011
Do you require a contract for drop-in care? My contract is not setup for drop-ins because I would want them to pay before care so the whole late fees and "no pay no stay" areas of the contract wouldn't apply. Would I just take someone's word if I opened up to drop in care advertising or do I change my contract some for drop ins?
Michael 12:00 AM 12-14-2011
This thread has a site listed with drop in contracts: https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28080

Couple more threads out drop in contrats: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...op+in+contract
e.j. 06:08 AM 12-14-2011
My drop-ins pay when they drop-off the kids. If they're late picking up their child, they would need to give me the additional money owed at that point. If they didn't, I would make a decision about whether or not to take their kids in for care again. It's never happened, though, so it's not a major concern for me.
Abigail 01:35 AM 12-16-2011
ej, did you have a drop in contract that basically said each drop in day must be scheduled, must be on time, paid in advance, is this rate, etc? Or just verbally agree to all of the above and paid per day in advance?
MNmamaOf4 09:19 AM 12-16-2011
I can't remember where I found this, online somewhere, I think I just searched "drop-in daycare contract". It was a form I could fill in the blanks on.

Childcare services will be provided for:

Child’s Name:_____________________________ DOB:____________________________

Drop-ins are considered to be an odd day where care is needed. Drop-in is not more than 20 hours a week and a minimum of two hours. Care is on a first-come basis and as vacancies are available. The rate for a drop-in child is $3.00 per hour. A 24-hour notice is required for Drop-in care.

It is the parent’s responsibility to provide such things as diapers/pull-ups, powders/ointments and change of clothes.

Payment is due at the time your child is dropped off. A fee of $25 will be charged on all returned checks. Childcare services will be immediately halted until payment in full of fees and bank charges have been made, in cash. In addition, from that point forward cash will be required on all future drop-in appointments.

Child Care is closed on New Years Day, Good Friday, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Friday before Labor Day, Labor Day, Day before Thanksgiving, Thanksgiving Day, Black Friday, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and December 26th. Close at NOON on December 31. Closures also include various days through out the year.

Child Care is open Monday-Friday 7:30am-5:30pm. There is a $5 fee for every 15 minutes you are late past 5:30pm.

I/We have read and do understand and agree to abide by the terms and conditions stated above. I also understand that these terms and conditions may change as needed, and that I will be notified of such changes in advance.

Emergency Medical Form
This authorizes ___________, Home Daycare Provider, to secure EMERGENCY medical care for my child:__________________________. When I/We cannot be immediately reached at the time of the emergency. I/We will be responsible for medical charges upon receipt of the statement. Preferred doctor/hospital/clinic is:____________________________________________

Parent/Guardian’s Signature:____________________________________ Date:_______________
Phone number:________________________________________________
Parent Address:__________________________________________________________________

Provider’s signature:________________________________ Date:_______________________

NOTES:
e.j. 02:21 PM 12-16-2011
Originally Posted by Abigail:
ej, did you have a drop in contract that basically said each drop in day must be scheduled, must be on time, paid in advance, is this rate, etc? Or just verbally agree to all of the above and paid per day in advance?
I don't have a separate contract for drop-ins but my regular contract addresses all of that information. Within the regular contract, I have a section about drop-in care that says:

"Drop-in care is sometimes available on a first come, first served basis, provided I have an opening and it is convenient for me. Drop-in care is not guaranteed as I try to fill all of my time slots with clients who want permanent full or part time care. If you need to cancel care that has previously been arranged, please give as much notice as possible. This will allow me to provide care for someone else who may need that time slot. All policies discussed in this handbook apply to drop-in care as well."

Even my drop-ins have to sign my contract, as well as all of the state-required registration forms. I wouldn't rely on a verbal agreement; it just doesn't seem to offer enough legal protection for me.
daycare 02:23 PM 12-16-2011
Originally Posted by Abigail:
Do you require a contract for drop-in care? My contract is not setup for drop-ins because I would want them to pay before care so the whole late fees and "no pay no stay" areas of the contract wouldn't apply. Would I just take someone's word if I opened up to drop in care advertising or do I change my contract some for drop ins?
When I did drop in care, I did it with a retainer that was ALL prepaid... I dont offer it any more though...If you are interested in how I did it pre-paid, I can share it with you..
Tags:contract, drop in care, drop in care - sample, drop in contract, samples
Reply Up