Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Does This Make Sense?
mema 07:04 PM 03-06-2014
There will be a fee of $5 per child for every 15 minutes or portion of before scheduled drop off time or after scheduled pick up time if it is not approved of in advance. This is due at the time of pick up. Example-your scheduled drop off is 8:15 am and you arrive at 7:45 am, there will be a fee of $10 per child or if your scheduled pick up time is 2:00 pm and you come at 2:10 pm, there will be a fee of $5 per child.

I go over this in every interview. 1-15 min is $5, 16-30 min is $10, etc. I have a parent throwing a bit of a fit that it doesn't make sense and I never went over it. I remember their interview very well and know I went over this and my sickness policy in great detail. If it isn't clear, does anyone have any suggestions to reword it?
craftymissbeth 07:07 PM 03-06-2014
I think it is perfectly clear. It's totally on them that they didn't read their contract could you maybe print off a copy of their signed contract and highlight that policy? Show them that they WERE told... otherwise their signature wouldn't be there
mema 07:17 PM 03-06-2014
I am actually in the process of adding a few things to my policies and redoing contracts for the year. I'm not normal in that I don't do that at the beginning of the year. One less thing to worry about around the holidays. I will also be attaching a note to everyone's new handbook that basically says, make sure to read the changes to such and such heading. That will appear on everyone's and then each families "issues", if they have any, will also be on there as a reminder to read such and such portion. "Reminder.....children are to remain home if they are unable to paricipate in the day, this includes outside time." Something along those lines, so I hopefully won't have to keep putting my foot down and them getting all pissy.
Blackcat31 06:24 AM 03-07-2014
Originally Posted by mema:
I am actually in the process of adding a few things to my policies and redoing contracts for the year. I'm not normal in that I don't do that at the beginning of the year. One less thing to worry about around the holidays. I will also be attaching a note to everyone's new handbook that basically says, make sure to read the changes to such and such heading. That will appear on everyone's and then each families "issues", if they have any, will also be on there as a reminder to read such and such portion. "Reminder.....children are to remain home if they are unable to paricipate in the day, this includes outside time." Something along those lines, so I hopefully won't have to keep putting my foot down and them getting all pissy.
Don't forget to add the following sentence: (I have parents specifically initial and date that statement)

"Failure on my part to fully read the handbook does not give me valid excuse to disregard any policies and rules and that I can be terminated immediately for violation of any or all of ABC Child Care's policies."

I had a DCM like you mentioned. She continually tried to tell me I didn't cover such and such policy during the interview. It was a constant battle with her because she thought that if I didn't go over something with her, that it excused her from the penalty.

I DID go over everything AND it's in the handbook......
LadyPearl 06:30 AM 03-07-2014
I have actually restructured my entire contract so that each section must be initialed and then regular signature at the end. The initials force them to acknowledge each section.
mema 07:44 AM 03-07-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Don't forget to add the following sentence: (I have parents specifically initial and date that statement)

"Failure on my part to fully read the handbook does not give me valid excuse to disregard any policies and rules and that I can be terminated immediately for violation of any or all of ABC Child Care's policies."

I had a DCM like you mentioned. She continually tried to tell me I didn't cover such and such policy during the interview. It was a constant battle with her because she thought that if I didn't go over something with her, that it excused her from the penalty.

I DID go over everything AND it's in the handbook......
Good idea! This is my immunization dcm. So if you have them initial it, do you keep the handbook and give them one? I usually give them the handbook and the contract. They keep the handbook and return the contract. I guess I could add that to the contract.
Blackcat31 07:59 AM 03-07-2014
Originally Posted by mema:
Good idea! This is my immunization dcm. So if you have them initial it, do you keep the handbook and give them one? I usually give them the handbook and the contract. They keep the handbook and return the contract. I guess I could add that to the contract.
That sentence is written in my contract. The parents keep the handbook and return only the contract.
Kimskiddos 08:15 AM 03-07-2014
In my parent folder (3 brad pocket folders) there are two complete handbooks, one for them to keep (it's attached in the three brads part). During the interview we go over the handbook & contract, me using the copy in the folder and them the one that gets signed. Once the registration fee is paid I give them the folder which has both copies of the hb/contract, they sign and return all necessary paperwork which is in the back pocket. Once signed I just make a copy for them of the last page which is the actual contract and keep the original handbook/contract.
Tags:contract, late fees
Reply Up