Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How Do You Charge?
Provider_Manda 09:27 PM 12-09-2014
I currently have 3 families that I get their children on and off the bus. I am really stressing over what to charge, I was charging $6 a day I usually have them no more than 2 hrs a day. Does that sound like too much or too little? I don't want to over charge, but I'm also taking up space. ( I do have them all when school is out) so what do I do? I was looking at contracting hours because I have one family 13 hrs atleast 2-3 days a week, but wasn't sure how to do a rate scale with school agers .. Any advice would be great... Ty!!
Cradle2crayons 10:10 PM 12-09-2014
Originally Posted by Provider_Manda:
I currently have 3 families that I get their children on and off the bus. I am really stressing over what to charge, I was charging $6 a day I usually have them no more than 2 hrs a day. Does that sound like too much or too little? I don't want to over charge, but I'm also taking up space. ( I do have them all when school is out) so what do I do? I was looking at contracting hours because I have one family 13 hrs atleast 2-3 days a week, but wasn't sure how to do a rate scale with school agers .. Any advice would be great... Ty!!
I charge $50 a week for after school kids and I live in a cheap area. If I have them all day I charge my drop on rate for that day. All in advance.
DaveA 03:44 AM 12-10-2014
I charge $60 a week for before/ after school care. Days school is out or dismissed before 11 is $15 a day. I'm in a small town, so pretty cheap compared to nearby cities.
midaycare 03:53 AM 12-10-2014
At my son's school they have a program where they will watch the kids before and after school and it is $5 an hour. So I would say at least $50 a week.
NeedaVaca 03:59 AM 12-10-2014
$50 for before and after is the norm in my area too. 13 hours a day? wow, that's a long day...why such long hours?
Provider_Manda 04:04 AM 12-10-2014
Originally Posted by NeedaVaca:
$50 for before and after is the norm in my area too. 13 hours a day? wow, that's a long day...why such long hours?
Mom is a nurse, and a single mom so I'm pretty much all she has. Luckily it's only 2-3 days a week
Second Home 05:34 AM 12-10-2014
I charge $55 per week for before and after care only .
If they need to be here for the whole day ( if I have room as I do not guarantee space for school age kids when school is closed ) then they would pay the drop in fee for that day.
Unregistered 05:48 AM 12-10-2014
I charge 10 a day for before or after and both.
KSDC 07:55 AM 12-10-2014
I think that this probably depends a bit on where you live.

For my kids that are like this, I took my full-time weekly rate, divided it out to find out how much it worked out to per hour. Then, I used that to set my SA kids rate. Does that make sense?
Provider_Manda 09:07 AM 12-10-2014
Originally Posted by KSDC:
I think that this probably depends a bit on where you live.

For my kids that are like this, I took my full-time weekly rate, divided it out to find out how much it worked out to per hour. Then, I used that to set my SA kids rate. Does that make sense?
Did you divide it with the amount of hours your daily rate is for?
Like right now I charge $25/day for up to 9 hours
KSDC 11:45 AM 12-10-2014
Originally Posted by Provider_Manda:
Did you divide it with the amount of hours your daily rate is for?
Like right now I charge $25/day for up to 9 hours
Yes. I don't do hourly fees anymore - just too much bother and paperwork. But, when I was setting my fees, I tried to make the PT SA kiddos fee balance out with the FT fee. So, for you that would translate to: 29/9 = $2.78 per hour. $2.78 x 2 hours = $5.56. I did round mine up, to keep the fees at an even amount. So, with "my math", that would be $6 a day for you.
Tags:after school, contract, rates
Reply Up