Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Bad Outfits to Wear to Daycare
lovemykidstoo 07:38 AM 07-20-2018
I couldn't find the thread about the dislike of snaps on clothes, onesies etc

My least favorite dcb (2 years old) is here today and again wore his bib overalls that do DO NOT have snaps, with a onesie under with that does have snaps. So you have to take the entire bib overall off of him and then unsnap the onesie to change his diaper every time. He wears this same exact outfit every Friday. He comes Monday and Fridays. So he's now wearing only his onesie and I will hand mom the bibs at pickup. She can put those dumb things back on. Common sense is so out the window.

Not to mention dad brings him and his sister and they smell like smoke each time and this is the mom that gets out of work at 2:30/3:00 and picks up at 5:15 on Fridays every week. Hence why I'm changing my Friday hours.
Blackcat31 07:44 AM 07-20-2018
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo:
I couldn't find the thread about the dislike of snaps on clothes, onesies etc

My least favorite dcb (2 years old) is here today and again wore his bib overalls that do DO NOT have snaps, with a onesie under with that does have snaps. So you have to take the entire bib overall off of him and then unsnap the onesie to change his diaper every time. He wears this same exact outfit every Friday. He comes Monday and Fridays. So he's now wearing only his onesie and I will hand mom the bibs at pickup. She can put those dumb things back on. Common sense is so out the window.

Not to mention dad brings him and his sister and they smell like smoke each time and this is the mom that gets out of work at 2:30/3:00 and picks up at 5:15 on Fridays every week. Hence why I'm changing my Friday hours.
My PITA clothing item right now is rompers on girls.

Even for the older ones that use the bathroom independently.... What type of designer makes an item that must be completely removed (from top down) just to pee.
lovemykidstoo 07:47 AM 07-20-2018
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

Even for the older ones that use the bathroom independently.... What type of designer makes an item that must be completely removed (from top down) just to pee.
Oh lord yes, rompers on girls are bad too. A designer that has no children I'm guessing. Noone in their right mind with kids would design these outfits. I swear to God though he wears them every single Friday. I'm done playing that game, he can run around in a onesie
storybookending 08:01 AM 07-20-2018
My first thought initially was rompers. I have one little girl that wore a bunch when she was 2 but once they started potty training shortly after she stopped wearing them. She’s 4 now.

I currently as we speak today have a 2 year old boy in skinny jeans they are not the worst but just why!? I don’t get the skinny jeans trend on girls or boys.. children or adults.

My current 1.5 year old wore white every single day he was in 12 or 18 month clothes. So from age 10 months to just a month or 2 ago. Mom didn’t care if he was dirty but still! That’s when they’re messy with solid foods and all that! Thankfully he’s in 2T now but also doesn’t make too many messes anymore now that he’s figured out forks and spoons hahah.
Snowmom 08:10 AM 07-20-2018
Ugh, skinny jeans.
I used to have a hefty 2 year come in skinny jeans. I finally had enough of trying to peel them on and off for diaper changes and told them sweat pants are better here.

And huge frilly dresses on potty training girls.
Again, sweat pants are best.
Jupadia 08:24 AM 07-20-2018
Belts on 2 year olds or any kid that is potty training, or in diapers, or cant do one themselves
Ariana 10:04 AM 07-20-2018

THIS!! I have a newly PT girl and she came in wearing a romper that tied on the shoulders. Like what 2 yr old can untie shoulders to use the toilet and then tie them back up? What were the manufacturers thinking....what was mom thinking?? Luckily I have lots of changes of clothes just for these ocassions. She didn’t get past the entryway
Annalee 10:06 AM 07-20-2018
Yes, the skinny jeans that are peeled off when they go potty.
Ariana 10:08 AM 07-20-2018
My absolute worst pet peeve is CLOTHES THAT ARE TWO SIZES TOO BIG!! I get it you want to save money but putting a 17 month old in 3T clothes is getting a tad ridiculous. Not to mention she is a new walker and her shoes are two sizes too big and she can barely lift her foot off the ground. Mom is pregnant with baby girl number two so splurge a littke mom and buy clothes that actually fit

I am lucky that I have accumulated a ton of shoes and clothes in varying sizes to help these kids out!
Ariana 10:17 AM 07-20-2018
I used to have a little boy who always wore clothes that were skin tight. Skin tight pants and skin tight shirts and he also wore an amber necklace every.single.day. My husband always used to say he looked like he was going “clubbing”!

Can you tell I have a lot of clothes pet peeves
Ac114 11:06 AM 07-20-2018
I have a DCB who wears shoes that are 2 or 3 sizes to big. They don’t even stay on his feet when he walks. Every morning parents were like he really wanted to wear these shoes. Like ok, who’s the parent? After a week I said he needs shoes that fit properly or he can’t play when we go outside. It’s a hazard and he trips and falls and I can’t have him hurting himself badly because he doesn’t have shoes that fit properly. Showed up the next day with proper shoes.

But seriously, why did they think shoes that were 3 sizes too big were a good idea?!
daycarediva 11:06 AM 07-20-2018
SO MANY. Rompers, onesies, skinny jeans, too tight clothes, WAY too big clothes.

Crocs
Jelly shoes are back. YAYYYYY not.
Flip flops on littles.
SHOES THAT SQUEAK. WHY!?
Sundresses/skirts without shorts underneath. I do not like seeing little girl underwear and diapers/pull ups all day.
These god awful sandals. Can't get them wet/don't dry well. Holes get rocks/sand/mulch stuck in them. They LOOK functional, but I HATE them. EVERY CHILD has them.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hi-Tec-Shor.../dp/B00RCJ22MQ
PANTS/SHORTS WITHOUT FUNCTIONAL DRAWSTRINGS. WHY!?
CityGarden 02:04 PM 07-20-2018

YES rompers are such a huge PITA. I have one dcg who has been wearing them 1-2 times per week all summer.... this is her last month and I am just so happy the rompers will be gone. LOL
Mad_Pistachio 06:45 AM 07-21-2018
belts on boys when potty training.
Tags:apparel, attire
Reply Up