Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
First ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35  ... Last
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Venting Thread
LysesKids 10:55 AM 10-15-2015
Today reminds me of why I don't take kids 24 months & older... did a favor for an old family because I'm getting new baby in 5 months, but today has been hell on wheels times 10; little bit (age 2 years 4 months), has destroyed another set of curtains, it also looks like a bomb went off in the playroom & she hasn't slept all day (much less let any of the actual babies nap)... I will looking forward to a glass of wine at 5:30... she's in the tantrum stage of life
Leigh 11:04 AM 10-15-2015
Originally Posted by Play Care:
I feel as though I spend the whole day cleaning and picking up, and my house is always trashed. I am over it.
You're not alone.
Miss A 12:49 PM 10-15-2015
I feel as though I spend the whole day cleaning and picking up, and my house is always trashed. I am over it.
I hear ya! I was just thinking today as I swept and mopped the kitchen floor for the 3rd time today that this cleaning is ridiculous.
mommiebookworm 05:56 PM 10-15-2015
Me too! I had to throw away a recliner this week. Dcg3 sat in it and peed on Monday. I shampooed it twice and it still reeked!
I made sure Mom knew why I was throwing it away, and she didn't say a word!
mommyneedsadayoff 08:11 AM 10-16-2015
Dcg gets picked up at 4:30 on thursdays for gymnastics. I change her, get her in her gym clothes, fix her hair, get shoes and coat on and ready to go.
Dcm arrives at 4:50 and the first thing she says after picking up dcg is "her diaper is really full" with a snotty look.

"well, I just changed her and she probably just peed while waiting for you to arrive. It happens."

Geez! Oh, and I changed the diaper again it was barely any pee, but you cannot please some people.
Blackcat31 08:21 AM 10-16-2015
Originally Posted by mommyneedsadayoff:
Dcg gets picked up at 4:30 on thursdays for gymnastics. I change her, get her in her gym clothes, fix her hair, get shoes and coat on and ready to go.
Dcm arrives at 4:50 and the first thing she says after picking up dcg is "her diaper is really full" with a snotty look.

"well, I just changed her and she probably just peed while waiting for you to arrive. It happens."

Geez! Oh, and I changed the diaper again it was barely any pee, but you cannot please some people.
You are far more kind than I am. I would have pointed out that had DCG been picked up at the time she was suppose to picked up, the diaper probably wouldn't be full.

I also would not have gotten her ready to go. That's a parent responsibility.

I also would have handed her a diaper and said, "Well then I guess you'll have to change her then."

mommyneedsadayoff 08:31 AM 10-16-2015
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
You are far more kind than I am. I would have pointed out that had DCG been picked up at the time she was suppose to picked up, the diaper probably wouldn't be full.

I also would have handed her a diaper and said, "Well then I guess you'll have to change her then."
I know! I am way too nice sometimes! I am almost done with her, so I guess I am just holding my breath waiting for the next two weeks to go quickly! She did say thank you a few times, so she must have realized I was annoyed with her attitude and her insinuating that I didn;t change her diaper. Normally, I would have just handed her a diaper, but his is a mom that takes FOREVER to change a diaper, even if it is just pee. I (and most of us here) can change one in 3 seconds flat, but she literally takes 10 minutes and I just wanted her gone Two more weeks, two more weeks, two more weeks! It cannot come soon enough! Of course, what will I have to complain about then?!
daycarediva 10:10 AM 10-16-2015

She would have been handed a diaper, told when the last change was, and I would have added a "YOU'RE WELCOME FOR GETTING HER READY!"

But I wouldn't have done that....because it's not my job though.
daycarediva 10:19 AM 10-16-2015
I feel like I just spent the last month getting the 18mo on our schedule, acclimated and napping beautifully (in the same room as everyone else, and she now wakes quietly and will play with her stuffed animal until I give her the cue to get up) and now I am starting all over with the almost 2 year old, who is MUCH more stubborn. I saw improvement with 18mo in the first week. Mom was 100% on board and at the end of the 3rd week actually thanked me because it didn't take an hour and both parents to get dcg to sleep without tears. She's sleeping more at home AND here and is a SUPER happy kiddo now. She's on a schedule and we stick to it like clockwork-even parents do on weekends.

2yo seems to be getting worse! While Mom says she is on board, her words and actions do not reflect that, and I am hearing only excuses. Letting her nap before dinner "Oh she is just so sleepy after playing with her friends all day."

Nope. She's actually sleepy because you have her on ZERO schedule and she is NOT sleep trained so she naps terribly. I am NOT putting her down for a morning nap as I do not OFFER care for children who need morning naps.

Mom posted a picture of dcg asleep on the floor(!) at 7pm last night. She came in at 7am saying (AGAIN!!) that dcg will need a morning nap as she was up past 11 this time. NO NO NO! I said flat out "If she still requires a morning nap, she needs an infant through toddler program." If I put her down at 7, she screams through all drop offs, does not go back to sleep.

The star is on the calendar. I'll be speaking to mom at pickup today.
Miss A 05:49 AM 10-19-2015
DCD gave me some sob story on why he couldn't pay me for the week because his paycheck from his new job had been direct deposited into a closed bank account. He must think I am stupid, because I know that to have a check deposited into an account, you must give your place of employment the bank routing number and account number to have the check deposited. Seriously, I don't do this for free. If you have the money to buy a new van last week, maybe you should have been thinking of the other bills you have to pay first.
Play Care 10:55 AM 10-19-2015
Lice have been going around the schools. So far we've managed to avoid it but just talking about it today with another parent has made my head itchy.
MsLisa 07:15 AM 10-21-2015
I have a 3 kid family ( 8 DCB, 6DCG, 5DCG) in my program and not even 2 months in have:AND NOW....the mom comes to me and is like "my son got a scratch from one of the girls here and was very upset. Tell the other kids not to touch my kids.". First off, your son did not come to me with any cuts or report anything happening. He picks on girls and they of course fight back. These kids tattle all the time, but yet no one said anything about a scratch. Nor did my assistant see any of this so this "tragic cut" is most likely a lie to get attention being he's 1 out 5 kids this mom has.
Then the 6 DCG, who is the reason for most of the list, goes "Oh good. I hate it here" right before they leave. And then asks for a lollipop.....WHAT? MIND YOU, this mom pays NOTHING....thanks to good ol' government funding.

I want them gone so bad I’m literally watching them like a hawk in hopes they give me something to write them up about. I don't know any other way to get rid of them.
Blackcat31 07:35 AM 10-21-2015
Originally Posted by MsLisa:
I have a 3 kid family ( 8 DCB, 6DCG, 5DCG) in my program and not even 2 months in have:
  • Stolen a pair of my scissors
  • Threaten to kill and hurt another classmate (my kid out of all people) all because she taped her on the shoulder.
  • Watched them intentionally aim to hurt other kids with no empathy in gym.
  • Back talk and disrespect both me and my assistant; rude to all kids.
  • Destroyed 5 colouring books and countless colouring sheets to the point where I have to have them at my desk. Also one pop-up book.
AND NOW....the mom comes to me and is like "my son got a scratch from one of the girls here and was very upset. Tell the other kids not to touch my kids.". First off, your son did not come to me with any cuts or report anything happening. He picks on girls and they of course fight back. These kids tattle all the time, but yet no one said anything about a scratch. Nor did my assistant see any of this so this "tragic cut" is most likely a lie to get attention being he's 1 out 5 kids this mom has.
Then the 6 DCG, who is the reason for most of the list, goes "Oh good. I hate it here" right before they leave. And then asks for a lollipop.....WHAT? MIND YOU, this mom pays NOTHING....thanks to good ol' government funding.

I want them gone so bad I’m literally watching them like a hawk in hopes they give me something to write them up about. I don't know any other way to get rid of them.
ALL of the things you mentioned above (their behaviors) would have gotten them terminated immediately.

Those are all things that fall under the "no tolerance" rules.....

ABSIOLUTELY unacceptable for any of them to do those things. I doubt they would have gotten off so easy if they had done those things in school so they certainly shouldn't be allowed to get away with them there.

I would make sure you document each and every violation of program policies and when you feel you have sufficient "proof" of their dangerous behavior you can term. IMHO, 1 incident would have been sufficient....

I am sorry you are having to deal with that...
jgcp 08:04 AM 10-21-2015
Since Halloween is on Sat this year I was kind of hoping I wouldn't have to deal with costumes, but of course one dcm already asked if they would be dressing up fri, I have to laugh since dcg comes in dress up clothing everyday anyway.... ugggg
Play Care 09:33 AM 10-21-2015
Originally Posted by jgcp:
Since Halloween is on Sat this year I was kind of hoping I wouldn't have to deal with costumes, but of course one dcm already asked if they would be dressing up fri, I have to laugh since dcg comes in dress up clothing everyday anyway.... ugggg
"Dcm, we are not doing costumes this year, we will be doing X instead. Thanks!"
I stopped doing costumes for our party a couple of years ago. Items were always getting lost or the costumes would get torn and dirty before the big day, etc.
we make out own masks and use day care dress up (I store most of my dress up in my basement so I bring it out on Halloween) to make costumes. I also close early on Halloween
Baby Beluga 01:34 PM 10-21-2015
We do pjs instead of costumes. It still makes it special for the kids but they are more low key then costumes
Blackcat31 01:42 PM 10-21-2015
It's your business.

You don't have to deal with anything you really don't want to deal with.
Play Care 09:54 AM 10-26-2015
Half days from school!!!!

I have my two wildest SA dcb's. They are being picked up at 3 today so I thought it won't be that bad

I was even super nice and got a video from the library so they could watch it during nap rather than lay down.

And how am I repaid? Bopping around asking to do other things, etc. They've been told "it's quiet time, you can do x or you can go outside in the backyard" (legal in my state and I can actually see them better out back)

I just had to lay down the law again and told them next time they will be laying down with the little kids.

Two more hours, two more hours
daycarediva 10:18 AM 10-26-2015
Sorry play, that is rough! I am using my spare room during nap now, and I do NOT know what I am going to do with my fairly loud sa crew (including my own two sons) next Friday for the half day.
MsLisa 10:35 AM 10-26-2015
Half days from school!!!!

I have my two wildest SA dcb's. They are being picked up at 3 today so I thought it won't be that bad

I was even super nice and got a video from the library so they could watch it during nap rather than lay down.

And how am I repaid? Bopping around asking to do other things, etc. They've been told "it's quiet time, you can do x or you can go outside in the backyard" (legal in my state and I can actually see them better out back)

I just had to lay down the law again and told them next time they will be laying down with the little kids.

Two more hours, two more hours
I HATE HATE HATEEEEEE 1/2 days.....and I have one coming up this Friday.
By myself.
6 hours. (noon -6pm)
14 SA kids.
In costumes.
Hyped up on school-given sugar.

I already feel my blood pressure rising. Maybe being the night before Halloween parents might pick up early. Doubt it.
Play Care 10:50 AM 10-26-2015
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
Sorry play, that is rough! I am using my spare room during nap now, and I do NOT know what I am going to do with my fairly loud sa crew (including my own two sons) next Friday for the half day.
Ugh! I am just so fed up with it! Since they made me move the littles to the main level for napping there is just NO WHERE for my non nappers to be. And honestly I don't think they were being awful, but some of my littles are restless sleepers. I used to have such a good routine for days off and half days with the SA kids, but now it's "shhh, shhhh, shhhh" for two hours and I'm sick of it.
daycarediva 11:07 AM 10-26-2015
Ugh! I am just so fed up with it! Since they made me move the littles to the main level for napping there is just NO WHERE for my non nappers to be. And honestly I don't think they were being awful, but some of my littles are restless sleepers. I used to have such a good routine for days off and half days with the SA kids, but now it's "shhh, shhhh, shhhh" for two hours and I'm sick of it.
I hear ya. I doubt I'll get the 2yo on board to nap with everyone else. We aren't supposed to use tv.... but MAN everything is loud, even as separated as I have them. 4 of my littles without a solid 1 1/2-2 hours is NOT FUN either.
Febby 05:36 PM 10-26-2015
I think all my kids forgot how to behave over the weekend. I was dealing with behavior as soon as i walked in the door and it didn't stop until the last one left. Plus, while I was on my lunch break during nap, the staff that were in the room apparently couldn't keep our one non-napper quiet and she woke up EIGHT of the others 45+ minutes early. There was not enough caffeine to deal with today.
Kimskiddos 06:49 AM 10-27-2015
Dcm & dcb show up normal time this morning with a tale of their dog getting sprayed by a skunk this morning. We chat and laugh a little about it and go on with our day. An hour later and my playroom REEKS of skunk! Put his stuff outside but it's not helping.

I texted Dcm to let her know the kid smells. She of course responded with an excuse about snake spray even though a co-worker asked "What's that smell?" Would you send home for this?
lovemykidstoo 06:53 AM 10-27-2015
Originally Posted by Kimskiddos:
Dcm & dcb show up normal time this morning with a tale of their dog getting sprayed by a skunk this morning. We chat and laugh a little about it and go on with our day. An hour later and my playroom REEKS of skunk! Put his stuff outside but it's not helping.

I texted Dcm to let her know the kid smells. She of course responded with an excuse about snake spray even though a co-worker asked "What's that smell?" Would you send home for this?
Go to your local pet store and get Nature's Miracle Skunk Odor Removal spray. It is amazing. You can spray it right on your carpet/upholstery etc. Our dog got sprayed and then ran in the house. My entire house smelled like the skunk was in it. We tried everything and that was the only thing that worked.
childcaremom 06:55 AM 10-27-2015

I would.
Play Care 09:13 AM 10-27-2015

This happened to a dcg last year. It was eye wateringly awful
Thankfully she had a school party that day so her parents picked her up and kept her home. Her stuff was kind of stinky for a few days but not as bad as that day.
daycarediva 09:22 AM 10-27-2015
I cannot do that smell. I would send home. The child needs to be clean and ready for daycare, not reeking up my house. That smell permeates everything and is near impossible to get rid of, too.
Kimskiddos 10:09 AM 10-27-2015
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo:
Go to your local pet store and get Nature's Miracle Skunk Odor Removal spray. It is amazing. You can spray it right on your carpet/upholstery etc. Our dog got sprayed and then ran in the house. My entire house smelled like the skunk was in it. We tried everything and that was the only thing that worked.
Originally Posted by childcaremom:
I would.
This happened to a dcg last year. It was eye wateringly awful
Thankfully she had a school party that day so her parents picked her up and kept her home. Her stuff was kind of stinky for a few days but not as bad as that day.
I cannot do that smell. I would send home. The child needs to be clean and ready for daycare, not reeking up my house. That smell permeates everything and is near impossible to get rid of, too.
Yes, it was bad! Thankfully I had a spare set of clothes for him here and he changed his clothes. I put all is stuff outside and then sprayed Frebeeze, that seems to have done the trick.
Dcm didn't want to come and get him. She has to smell just as bad as he did!
Play Care 10:59 AM 10-27-2015
The newish 18 month old in my care and his ear piercing screams.

Every day he wakes up from naps screaming and crying. The other 18 month old in my care wakes chattering happily.
So frustrating.
Play Care 03:13 AM 10-30-2015
Grrrr, I forgot that I was going to tell my dcp's that I would NOT be picking up from preschool on Halloween party day!
At the school they have a party and parade that parents all attend, which goes right until the end of the their school day. It's just silliness that they can't load their kid up and drive the less than a mile to my house and then go to work.
Thankfully my assistant is here today so I'm not dragging all the kids out.
But I must remember to include that for the Christmas party.
MsLisa 07:06 AM 10-30-2015
If another parents comes to me with some stupid problem that happens at school or on the bus, I’m going to snap. I'm not a miracle worker! I can not protect every child from all of life's negatives. I can't fix the bad kids no more than i can fix their horrible parenting skills. Once those kids get on that bus or parents picks them up, my job is done. What happens on that ride to and from is not my responsibility, its the bus company. They do what they can but they can't fix everything. Bad kids DO get kicked off and face consequences but their bad behaviour/skills are not mine to fix. Same with school. But apparently every parent thinks I’m the fixer of all.
I entertain, help and keep your kids safe in the hours you are at work....AND THAT'S IT.
NOT a babysitter. Not a bus driver. Not a teacher. Not a behaviour specialist. Not the kid's parent. Parents are so damn lazy any more.....its pathetic.
Annalee 11:02 AM 10-30-2015
If another parents comes to me with some stupid problem that happens at school or on the bus, I’m going to snap. I'm not a miracle worker! I can not protect every child from all of life's negatives. I can't fix the bad kids no more than i can fix their horrible parenting skills. Once those kids get on that bus or parents picks them up, my job is done. What happens on that ride to and from is not my responsibility, its the bus company. They do what they can but they can't fix everything. Bad kids DO get kicked off and face consequences but their bad behaviour/skills are not mine to fix. Same with school. But apparently every parent thinks I’m the fixer of all.
I entertain, help and keep your kids safe in the hours you are at work....AND THAT'S IT.
NOT a babysitter. Not a bus driver. Not a teacher. Not a behaviour specialist. Not the kid's parent. Parents are so damn lazy any more.....its pathetic.
I t think u have one of my parents....She come in yesterday afternoon complaining about the kids on the bus toward her 8th grader. Funny thing is her 5th grader isnt allowed to ride the bus anymore due to something that happened a few weeks ago but she is still putting the 8th grader on the bus. I just want to say "HANDLE IT! I HAVE NO ANSWERS FOR YOU!"
daycarediva 04:11 PM 10-30-2015
Sooooo I went ALL OUT this year with our Halloween party- stations of party games, photobooth and props, snacks for kids and parents. 2 of my kids didn't have any parent show AT ALL AND the icing on the cake.... HALF of them forgot to pay me.

On the flip side, I'll have extra Christmas money from all of those late fees on Monday morning.
Febby 06:09 PM 10-30-2015
There were a ton of Halloween parties/carnivals/whatever last night so most of our kids stayed up super late and slept in some and seemed to have had sugar for breakfast. So they came in sleep-deprived and sugar high. Well, half of them didn't nap (because they slept in) and we fed them cookies, cheese, and juice for second snack so they were returned in the same condition their parents brought them in.

But seriously, seventeen sugar high and tired three year olds ate at my patience and tolerance this morning. I had to fill out FIVE incident reports today (three for behavior and two for injuries) and listened to tantrums all day long.
childcaremom 01:24 AM 10-31-2015
I have read the posts about over-excited, sugar pumped dcks around the holidays and empathized but never really experienced it until this year.

I will just say this:

Thank f#$k that Halloween is over and is on a Saturday.

The end.

(not looking forward to Christmas)
Play Care 03:07 AM 11-02-2015
The time change! I slept terribly last night. And I suspect the kids will be off today as well

If I wasn't already off Friday for a personal day I would have been tempted to call out
childcaremom 06:25 AM 11-04-2015
Candy hangover, day three. Time change. Santa talk non stop. Bring on Friday.
Baby Beluga 09:53 AM 11-09-2015
Annoyed with DCM. New to childcare, I am their family's first experience.

DCM and DCD are generally wonderful, except when it comes to scheduling. Have had 4 schedule changes in a 2 month period due to DCM's work schedule. All changes were within my normal operating hours and did not negatively effect my day and I was okay with them.

This last schedule change has DCG arriving once circle time and art are over, essentially leaving DCG here for free play, lunch, nap and afternoon outside time. DCM mentioned today that they want yet another schedule change so DCG can participate in circle time and art. I have discussed our schedule numerous times with her. I don't mind when DCG is dropped off - but pick a time and stick to it for goodness sake! It is seriously driving me bonkers now.
ChelseaB 07:59 AM 11-10-2015
It's been one of those weeks (already). But today, there's not one but TWO crying babies. Nonstop. For no apparent reason. Full bellies, dry bottoms, but a refusal to nap (despite probably being tired).

**weeps silently to self**
jgcp 02:35 PM 11-10-2015
I will never, for the life of me, understand how dcp justify getting mad at us for enforcing our policies, especially when it comes to payment for care ??? do they work for free? .....UM NO! well neither do I. I'm finished at the end of Dec and joked with my sister about putting on the bottom of my closing letter"not my monkeys, not my circus" I won't, I wont...
jgcp 02:36 PM 11-10-2015
I will never, for the life of me, understand how dcp justify getting mad at us for enforcing our policies, especially when it comes to payment for care ??? do they work for free? .....UM NO! well neither do I. I'm finished at the end of Dec and joked with my sister about putting on the bottom of my closing letter"not my monkeys, not my circus" I won't, I wont...
childcaremom 08:14 AM 11-16-2015
Oh Monday. Are you done yet?

Dcg 17 months spent the morning whining and sitting watching the others play.

Dcg 14 months screamed through nap and then had meltdowns during outdoor time.

Dcb 3 years spent the morning telling me how tired he was and wondering what was happening next. Had a huge meltdown when we did nap without stories and then proceeded to fall asleep immediately.

Dcb 13 months was fine.

Guess how early nap was today? (75 mins early and they were all asleep within 5 mins!)
Febby 04:24 PM 11-16-2015
The teacher who opens my room called in sick, so I got called in early. Then, the teacher who closes my room called in sick, so I got to stay late to close. And it was Monday. I just want to go to bed, but I think I should probably eat dinner first. Or something.
LysesKids 05:42 PM 11-16-2015
Originally Posted by Febby:
The teacher who opens my room called in sick, so I got called in early. Then, the teacher who closes my room called in sick, so I got to stay late to close. And it was Monday. I just want to go to bed, but I think I should probably eat dinner first. Or something.
Does the center not have stated cleared "subs" just in case of such situations? Heaven forbid you had an accident on the way to work, then what would they do... and I do understand; I worked an 18 hr day a few months back when I was only suppose to work 10. It sucks
Febby 05:56 PM 11-16-2015
Originally Posted by LysesKids:
Does the center not have stated cleared "subs" just in case of such situations? Heaven forbid you had an accident on the way to work, then what would they do... and I do understand; I worked an 18 hr day a few months back when I was only suppose to work 10. It sucks
Yes, but we had three people no call/no show on Friday so we're already down and there were two other people who called in elsewhere in the center. The biggest issue though, is that there are a lot of behavior issues in my room (it's gotten a lot better and is still improving), and quite a lot of the staff are not able to keep the class under control. There are backups (other than having me work 10 1/2 hours) for that room, but I'd rather have the overtime. I have an expensive hobby to pay for. Although they did have to use the backup opener for a while I could get there. I live 45 minutes away if traffic is good.
Hunni Bee 06:10 PM 11-16-2015
Rude DCM:

PLEASE stop sweeping into our room in the middle of things making a huge ruckus every morning. I did say that DCG is missing out on a lot because she doesn't show up til 10 am and its true. I don't know why it's that hard for you to get her out of the house by 9 am but that's not my problem.

It IS, however, my problem that you opened the door, saw 18 other kids seated quietly on the carpet facing me and then proceeded to yell at DCG for something that was totally your fault, loudly interrupt me to ask common-sense questions, slam things around at her cubby, rehash the fact that your husband AGAIN took DCG's glasses home and make me take time to tell you so AGAIN, yell goodbye loudly to DCG and then slam the door.

I'm going to start the loudest, most obnoxious song I can with the kids every morning when I see your buggy eyes at the doorway.
Play Care 09:17 AM 11-17-2015
STOP COUGHING IN MY FACE!!!!

(From kids who are old enough to know better and have been taught and shown how to use their elbow or hands repeatedly. I expect it from the littles and have appropriate deflecting tactics they don't work as well with the older kids)
Puddleduck 03:16 AM 11-20-2015
DCM is ALWAYS complaining about not seeing enough of dcb...And yet, dcm has every second Friday off (working the Saturday instead) and still chooses to send him to me. So instead of having two days with her son, she chooses just to have one. Love having him here, but really can't stand dcm's hypocrisy.
Pepperth 08:20 AM 11-20-2015
I just had to clean poop off my ceiling...yes, my ceiling. DCB is on day three of undies here, and had a really, really messy accident. Apparently in the process of taking off his pants, some flung up there. I feel like bleaching my whole house right now.
Blackcat31 10:06 AM 11-20-2015
Originally Posted by Pepperth:
I just had to clean poop off my ceiling...yes, my ceiling. DCB is on day three of undies here, and had a really, really messy accident. Apparently in the process of taking off his pants, some flung up there. I feel like bleaching my whole house right now.
Oh my!

(((hugs))) because you apparently need it BIG TIME!!

Controlled Chaos 10:06 AM 11-20-2015

Play Care 05:28 AM 11-24-2015
Yesterday DCG wasn't here and it was so nice.

She's back today and already the drama has started.

She's only here until June but I'm tempted to try to replace *now*
Blackcat31 05:30 AM 11-24-2015
Yesterday DCG wasn't here and it was so nice.

She's back today and already the drama has started.

She's only here until June but I'm tempted to try to replace
Funny how one small little human can impact the entire group/atmosphere that way....

I have one of those too... I always thing "its not so bad" and then they are absent, and I am always surprised at the difference in the others.....and my attitude as well.
MsLisa 11:51 AM 11-24-2015
I keep getting quiet a few calls daily inquiring about my old in-home daycare (which never really took off, so I found work elsewhere, thus closing) and its really making me question what I want to do at this point.

YMCA PROS:
- Close to home (8 min away)
- I bring my daughter to work & she's part of the program for free.
- I love the kids like they are my own. I have an insane bond with some of them.
- Free to do whatever I want, how I want.
- I get most no-school holidays off.
- My schedule leaves me open to be home during the day to get stuff around the house done, spend time with the dog and pursue personal hobbies.

CONS:
- Waking up and have to be at work ungodly early everyday (6:30am).
- Getting paid a measly $8/hr.
- All of management is a complete mess, extremely unprofessional and the cause of 99% of the overall problems. Inconsistent, childish and often unavailable.
- Horrible employee morale, due to above. High turnover rate. "Why bother?" is the motto.
- No funding, so any & all materials, snacks or new toys comes out of my money. Often left having to beg for donations.
- Odd schedule. (6:30-9am then 3-6pm) makes days off balanced. Exhausted from being up early, try to get things done in that small window, so by evening I’m crashing, leaving me miserable at family time.
- Management won't hire more help. Haven't had a day off in forever cause no one is there to cover.
- Incredibly frustrating disorganization. Consistently asked to do other jobs but are rarely helped in own program.

I have my resume on my desktop and have seen at least 3 local places hiring assistants or aides, but I chicken out. I want to work somewhere professional and organized. It would be nice to be paid a decent amount and not have to worry about buying supplies or putting up with 20's something pointless dramas, bad management and negligent parents. Too bad I completely removed all traces of my own daycare here or I would try again. The grass sure looks greener on the other side lately.....
So yeah...../vent
Controlled Chaos 01:56 PM 11-24-2015
So much poop.
Annalee 06:18 AM 11-25-2015
Every year I say I am going to add Wednesday to my Th and Fri Thanksgiving Closing....Forgot again! You all please remind me next year
nanglgrl 06:32 AM 11-25-2015
Originally Posted by Annalee:
Every year I say I am going to add Wednesday to my Th and Fri Thanksgiving Closing....Forgot again! You all please remind me next year
Me too!!! My heart is so not in it today. I have only 3 kids but so much to do before family arrives.
Annalee 07:11 AM 11-25-2015
Friday, Nov.20, I place order on Walmart.com thru phone to have the item expedited. I call back Saturday to see if the order was expedited because I need it by Thanksgiving. They say YES and should arrive by Tuesday, Nov. 23. and my money has already come out of my checking account which usually doesn't happen until order arrives at local store so I thought it WAS expedited. So... still no arrival so I call Walmart.com and they say the item was NOT expedited...I say how can it be expedited on two previous phone calls and not show up expedited today...Well then I get the run-around and I am now LIVID! I really wanted this table tennis/ping pong table for my family to enjoy during Thanksgiving. Next time I will go to Academy sports....should have this time! GRRRR!!!!!
Hunni Bee 01:52 PM 11-25-2015
I've had hundreds of kids over the years and I've encountered this dozens of times so I don't know why I'm not used to it...

But I'm not used to it.

Why don't people want to spend time and take care of their kids?? One of my dcgs is so unkempt and emotionally neglected. She has a two-year-old brother and another on the way, and she's basically raising herself. I shudder to think what will happen once her baby brother is born.

She's got health issues, speech issues, cognitive issues. It was 28° this morning - all she was wearing was a size 2T thin jacket - she's easily 50 lbs. She doesn't own a coat. Her hair hadn't been combed since I combed it on Monday. Her mother works from home - but she's here 11+ hours daily.

These people are in no way poor...just clueless.
Claraskids 05:59 AM 11-29-2015
Partly my own fault, but still not taking all the blame.
Yes, I was open Black Friday as both my families work retail. I've done retail for years and know how hard it can be to find someone to help with the kids. However, dcm1 (who is awesome) stated dad would be dropping them off after 9. My other dcm2 kept flipping between dropping off at 9 or not at all (grandma might be in town). So I planned to sleep in and have a morning cleaning up from Thanksgiving.
Friday at 6:30 am! my doorbell rings I am not awake, not dressed, and certainly not prepped for the day. Dcd2 is standing at the door and has been there for a while judging by the footprints. My opening time is at 6:30 and I refuse to turn on the lights till 6:30 on the dot every morning because he is always waiting for me even earlier. Hope he liked the shot of me in my robe and my snotty behavior, because I don't do mornings well on short/no notice.
So so glad that baby boy is pretty good, because his parents are causing me to reinforce my backbone on a weekly basis - no you can't leave on an amber teething necklace, no I won't swaddle an 8 month old for nap time, no I don't provide care beyond 10 hours, etc... So glad I didn't take the older siblings - stated it was because I don't provide transportation back and forth to school (the truth), but they nearly destroyed my playroom during the interview alone.
Okay - done venting. Thanks!
sariejohnston 07:20 AM 11-29-2015
This is a little late.... but Wednesday I was so Happy It was the last day of the work week because thanksgiving vacation so excited and it was my last day filling in for a teacher who has been out, her class has been horrible for me... until I over heard someone say she is out another week!! What? No one told me this? They should have told me way before they told anyone else because I am filling in for her!! ... So i asked the assistant director sure enough she is out another week..Thanks alot for communicating with me .. Oh wait I should be use to it since no one tells me anything!! It was my worse nightmare I wasn't prepared I had no classwork for the kids to do, nothing was prepared because I was expecting to be back in my other classroom on Monday.. So i spent my break rushing around trying to get lesson plans done and work for the class to do for the following week. come to find out her lesson plans don't match the curriculum books and she doesn't know what the heck she is doing. I am not really sure if I can survive another week in this classroom with all the hitting, scratching, tantrums, disrespect for me and the horrible attitudes... I am not looking forward tomorrow at all, I am already over this week. :facepalm:
Play Care 03:04 AM 11-30-2015
I feel bratty but I felt like my Thanksgiving break was somewhat of a bust. My break from child care, cooking and cleaning was child care, cooking and cleaning.
DaveA 03:25 AM 11-30-2015
I feel bratty but I felt like my Thanksgiving break was somewhat of a bust. My break from child care, cooking and cleaning was child care, cooking and cleaning.
Agree TOTALLY!!!! Luck of the draw had this weekend being DW's call weekend, so she spent most of Friday & Saturday at the hospital. Some break.
daycarediva 08:44 AM 11-30-2015
Agreed!! I was going to post something just like this!
MsLisa 08:05 AM 12-02-2015
A "Mommy & Me" class comes and uses my Aftercare room from 10am-noon every Wednesday. Now, I don't mind that other programs using my room. Most of the people know to clean up after themselves. But Mommy & Me.....
They literally trash it and I'm forced to pick it all up at 3pm AND do my own job every time. The last 3 times they used it, they threw all the toys on tops of tables, over-filled my garbage can and used up all my foam cups (used for OUR snack time) that were in MY desk. I told the branch manager who told me he'd "talk to them". He never did. Another week....and they do it again.

SO......today, being Wednesday, I turned every one of the shelves to the wall, blocking off all toys. I put table clothes over the one I couldn't move and hid the toys that sat on top under the computer desk. Also blocked off my desk. So the only thing they can touch is my reading and dress up area.
I don't understand why adults can't pick up after themselves. If I can get 15+ SA kids to do it with little prompting, there's no excuse why I have to clean up after them. I bought, brought or personally got donations for my program and my program ONLY. If they want to break, lose and destroy toys...they better get their own.
Leigh 08:34 AM 12-02-2015
A "Mommy & Me" class comes and uses my Aftercare room from 10am-noon every Wednesday. Now, I don't mind that other programs using my room. Most of the people know to clean up after themselves. But Mommy & Me.....
They literally trash it and I'm forced to pick it all up at 3pm AND do my own job every time. The last 3 times they used it, they threw all the toys on tops of tables, over-filled my garbage can and used up all my foam cups (used for OUR snack time) that were in MY desk. I told the branch manager who told me he'd "talk to them". He never did. Another week....and they do it again.

SO......today, being Wednesday, I turned every one of the shelves to the wall, blocking off all toys. I put table clothes over the one I couldn't move and hid the toys that sat on top under the computer desk. Also blocked off my desk. So the only thing they can touch is my reading and dress up area.
I don't understand why adults can't pick up after themselves. If I can get 15+ SA kids to do it with little prompting, there's no excuse why I have to clean up after them. I bought, brought or personally got donations for my program and my program ONLY. If they want to break, lose and destroy toys...they better get their own.
I would have this conversation with the group. Wait for them to show up and let them know that you expect the room to be in the same condition when they leave that it was when they showed up. Let them know that the toys or whatever are your personal property and that they are not to use them. I'd also show up right before they leave and if they don't pick up, ask them to do it at that time. Personally (and I can be snotty), if they don't leave it in good condition after today, I'd lock the door next time and let them go to your manager to complain. He'd then be forced to address the issue.
Play Care 09:12 AM 12-02-2015
I am beyond exhausted and I have no idea why

Today my assistant was here and I had meant to use the time to get some housekeeping done. Didn't happen.
It's annoying because I'm trying to keep up with everything so I'm not rushing to do it all at once (and likely on Christmas Eve )

I just need some more pep.
daycarediva 10:05 AM 12-02-2015

Oh heck no! I would confront them or write a LARGE note and tape it to the door. That's BS.

I am on the booster club for our schools football league. The parents were leaving behind HUGE messes after each football game. One parent suggested we get the kids to volunteer to clean up. I said OH HELL NO! The director agreed and made an announcement before every game for 2 weeks (grades K/flag football right up through varsity) to CLEAN UP THEIR TRASH.

Not a mess since. I guess the shaming worked. LOL!

Originally Posted by Leigh:
I would have this conversation with the group. Wait for them to show up and let them know that you expect the room to be in the same condition when they leave that it was when they showed up. Let them know that the toys or whatever are your personal property and that they are not to use them. I'd also show up right before they leave and if they don't pick up, ask them to do it at that time. Personally (and I can be snotty), if they don't leave it in good condition after today, I'd lock the door next time and let them go to your manager to complain. He'd then be forced to address the issue.
I am beyond exhausted and I have no idea why

Today my assistant was here and I had meant to use the time to get some housekeeping done. Didn't happen.
It's annoying because I'm trying to keep up with everything so I'm not rushing to do it all at once (and likely on Christmas Eve )

I just need some more pep.
I complained to my Mom that I was tired last night when she called me at 10:15 wanting to talk about her christmas lists for the kids in the family and she said "WHAT ARE YOU ALWAYS TIRED FOR!?" Um, idk Mom, I got up at 5. Worked from 7:30-4. Had a dentist appt, two parent teacher conferences, had to run to the grocery store, came home, cooked dinner, kids had hockey practice, came home and did laundry, put kids to bed, prepped for the next day..."

No reason Mom, really. She pushed and pushed and I finally said "Because they banned phen phen because SAHM's like you abused it!" Thankfully she laughed right along with me.
Play Care 10:15 AM 12-02-2015
I complained to my Mom that I was tired last night when she called me at 10:15 wanting to talk about her christmas lists for the kids in the family and she said "WHAT ARE YOU ALWAYS TIRED FOR!?" Um, idk Mom, I got up at 5. Worked from 7:30-4. Had a dentist appt, two parent teacher conferences, had to run to the grocery store, came home, cooked dinner, kids had hockey practice, came home and did laundry, put kids to bed, prepped for the next day..."

No reason Mom, really. She pushed and pushed and I finally said "Because they banned phen phen because SAHM's like you abused it!" Thankfully she laughed right along with me.

Bell_Bear_Child_Care 09:59 AM 12-03-2015
I guess I spoke to soon about the 2 week termination going easy. Now she and her mother are trying to tarnish my reputation. Yesterday she didn’t show up on time I called her as I have before and after school kids to transport. She answered and stated she decided to stay and help a few hours at work. She never called and asked if this was ok just told me when I called, I told her I could not keep her past her slotted time. And she said she would try to get her mom to come, I was pretty upset but stayed professional. I charged an overtime fee for the time she didn’t come pick her up. We’ll see if she brings her in today.
childcaremom 11:04 AM 12-03-2015
Originally Posted by Bell_Bear_Child_Care:
I guess I spoke to soon about the 2 week termination going easy. Now she and her mother are trying to tarnish my reputation. Yesterday she didn’t show up on time I called her as I have before and after school kids to transport. She answered and stated she decided to stay and help a few hours at work. She never called and asked if this was ok just told me when I called, I told her I could not keep her past her slotted time. And she said she would try to get her mom to come, I was pretty upset but stayed professional. I charged an overtime fee for the time she didn’t come pick her up. We’ll see if she brings her in today.
Have you already given 2 weeks notice? I would have termed immediately right there. Whenever I have termed with notice, I state that any breech of contract and/or policies during the termination period (2 weeks) will result in immediate term with no refund of fees.

Did she put you out of ratio? Late picking up the a/s kids?

I would be ticked!
childcaremom 11:09 AM 12-03-2015
Dear dcks,

Today is Thursday. Not Monday.

Thank you,
Your ever so patient dcp (who still loves you even if you didn't check the calendar).
DaveA 12:39 PM 12-03-2015
Originally Posted by childcaremom:
Dear dcks,

Today is Thursday. Not Monday.

Thank you,
Your ever so patient dcp (who still loves you even if you didn't check the calendar).
All I can say about today is I was halfway through typing telling Childcaremom that it was Wednesday before I realized I was off a day. I'm ready for today to be over.
Indoorvoice 04:58 AM 12-04-2015
This is a reeeally petty thing to vent about but it's bugging me. My contract says payment is due by 5 on Fridays. I have a client who picks up at 12 on Fridays and always forgets to bring payment. Then she stops by later in the day before 5 to drop off payment. She's paying well before I consider it late, but it's such a disruption to stop what we're doing, put the dog out, answer the door, etc. She actually wrote to me today that she forgot to get my money out yesterday, so she'll bring it by after nap. She's picking up BEFORE nap, so why can't she stop to get it before she picks up?? Would it be too much for me to ask her to do this today? Oh, and there would be an online payment option to alleviate this issue for me , but she lost that privilege after she "accidentally" cancelled my payment too many times. Ugh, why must there be one parent who tests every single policy?
Play Care 05:08 AM 12-04-2015
My assistant called out, again, today. She was out a couple of weeks ago because her son was sick and her husband was out of town (he has worked from home in the past when this has happened so she can come)

I hate to be so annoyed but it seems like when I really need her, she's sick. She's really into "natural" and doesn't do vax, or meds, etc. But then, she's *always* sick. She doesn't do the flu shot, which is her right, but last year she was out two weeks (separately) because she had the flu (confirmed by her doctor apparently) *TWICE* I get that people have the right to decide if they do the shots or not, but at some point you'd think she'd realize that her immune system sucks and she may need to reconsider or find something else naturally that actually works.
LysesKids 05:46 AM 12-04-2015
Originally Posted by Indoorvoice:
This is a reeeally petty thing to vent about but it's bugging me. My contract says payment is due by 5 on Fridays. I have a client who picks up at 12 on Fridays and always forgets to bring payment. Then she stops by later in the day before 5 to drop off payment. She's paying well before I consider it late, but it's such a disruption to stop what we're doing, put the dog out, answer the door, etc. She actually wrote to me today that she forgot to get my money out yesterday, so she'll bring it by after nap. She's picking up BEFORE nap, so why can't she stop to get it before she picks up?? Would it be too much for me to ask her to do this today? Oh, and there would be an online payment option to alleviate this issue for me , but she lost that privilege after she "accidentally" cancelled my payment too many times. Ugh, why must there be one parent who tests every single policy?
I had a parent that did this... she was always late paying though even after I switched payments to be due no later than child's pick up on their last day of care in the week - I finally termed them and now they want drop-in privileges lol ( I'm full, won't happen)
Blackcat31 06:12 AM 12-04-2015
Change your payment deadline time.

Mine says "Payment is due AT drop off in the last day of the week your child is in attendance"

That way if they "forget" at drop off, they can still squeak it in at pick up and there are no additional stops.

I TOTALLY understand what you mean in regards to her just stopping by "real quick" to drop it off when she's already been there once or more that day..... it does get annoying and time consuming. X however many kids you have.
Blackcat31 06:14 AM 12-04-2015
My assistant called out, again, today. She was out a couple of weeks ago because her son was sick and her husband was out of town (he has worked from home in the past when this has happened so she can come)

I hate to be so annoyed but it seems like when I really need her, she's sick. She's really into "natural" and doesn't do vax, or meds, etc. But then, she's *always* sick. She doesn't do the flu shot, which is her right, but last year she was out two weeks (separately) because she had the flu (confirmed by her doctor apparently) *TWICE* I get that people have the right to decide if they do the shots or not, but at some point you'd think she'd realize that her immune system sucks and she may need to reconsider or find something else naturally that actually works.
That sucks...

Do you have a specific number of times she can call in before you would let her go? Or are you trusting she will not be "constantly" sick?

That is one of the biggest reasons I just cant bring myself to hire someone. On one hand I think I would enjoy the help but on the other hand, I don't want to put my trust in someone that could potentially affect my business.

I sure hope she gets her ducks in a row for you and becomes a reliable assistant.
Annalee 07:16 AM 12-04-2015
That sucks...

Do you have a specific number of times she can call in before you would let her go? Or are you trusting she will not be "constantly" sick?

That is one of the biggest reasons I just cant bring myself to hire someone. On one hand I think I would enjoy the help but on the other hand, I don't want to put my trust in someone that could potentially affect my business.

I sure hope she gets her ducks in a row for you and becomes a reliable assistant.
I think some people just don't have the "get up and go" attitude.....everyone's mentality on pushing themselves varies...that would be aggravating for me as well...
ChelseaB 07:40 AM 12-04-2015
I used to care for 2 boys full time about a year and a half ago. Their mom withdrew them from daycare whenever she became pregnant with her 3rd child, and she left her job to be a SAHM. This was WONDERDUL, as I hate to say that her boys were my worst kids. Ever. They refused to listen, terrorized the group, very destructive -- you name it. At the time, I was less educated and in need of the income, so I tolerated it. Now, the mom periodically contacts me for drop-in care (like once every 6 months probably), and I accept as long as it's within ratio....every time failing to remember how I feel on the days they're here.

Today is one of those days.

With how disruptive it is to the group, how stressed I feel, all I can say is TGIF!!!!! And hurry the hell up pick up time (which I forgot to ask what time that would be....I'm open till 6, but I pray they don't stay the full time). I know -- I did it to myself. And I feel horrible that I feel this way. They're sweet kids, but they just don't click well here, in short.
I may or may not be completely bald by end of day. Lol
Play Care 07:49 AM 12-04-2015
That sucks...

The thing is, she is a fabulous assistant. She's had had her husband work from home when their child is sick so she can work, and she's made arrangements to pop in to cover my preschool run when she's not well, which is what she was hired for. And to be fair, she did offer that this morning when she called. It doesn't affect my numbers or day care, just my personal plans (which was getting my allergy shot and popping into Target for some supplies) which is why I feel bratty. But even if she doesn't call out either she's sick or her kid is sick, etc.
daycarediva 09:13 AM 12-04-2015
ALL of my payments are now due by pickup on the last day the child is contracted to attend. If they pay AFTER they pick up, it's LATE.

That sucks...

same. I have tried, too. Never worked out.
Unregistered 09:31 AM 12-04-2015
Registered...just having trouble signing in.

I just need to vent (and dh is in a meeting--LOL) about 3-year old dcg, who was with family from last Wednesday to this Tuesday. Apparently, she was bribed with fruit snacks to take a nap because for four looooooong days, she has bawled, "I waaaannnnttttt my fruit snnnnaaaaacccckkkkss!!!"

I thought it would ease up after a couple days, but she's made it part of her routine. Today, she happily got on her cot, and then I actually see her remember that she needs to cry about the fruit snacks.

I so dislike the good cop/bad cop situation that results from bribes and appeasement. Ughhh! I just wish that she'd understand that nap is it's own reward.
Snowmom 07:50 AM 12-07-2015
Thanks for lying to me DCM... when I took on your 15 month old (one of my coveted under 2 spots) in September and you were 6 months pregnant, you assured me you were planning on staying with us through your maternity leave.
Now, the week you are due, you "change your mind", "but hope once fall comes (teacher) I have room for both".
No.
Never.
I had several families wanting that spot the last 3 months and you couldn't even mention that you were contemplating staying home with the new baby & dcg?
You had me transitioning your 15 month old (the worst transition I've ever had in my nearly 9 years) only to pull her after 3 months.
Show your butt to the door and don't call again.
Play Care 08:08 AM 12-07-2015
Originally Posted by Snowmom:
Thanks for lying to me DCM... when I took on your 15 month old (one of my coveted under 2 spots) in September and you were 6 months pregnant, you assured me you were planning on staying with us through your maternity leave.
Now, the week you are due, you "change your mind", "but hope once fall comes (teacher) I have room for both".
No.
Never.
I had several families wanting that spot the last 3 months and you couldn't even mention that you were contemplating staying home with the new baby & dcg?
You had me transitioning your 15 month old (the worst transition I've ever had in my nearly 9 years) only to pull her after 3 months.

When she said she wanted spots for the Fall was she shocked when you
Hope you can get those spots filled!
Blackcat31 09:18 AM 12-07-2015
Originally Posted by Snowmom:
No.
Never.

I'm sorry that happened to you.
Play Care 03:00 AM 12-08-2015
I am so tempted to call off today. I'm not really sick but I slept terribly and am just so tired or being sick and tired.

I have a long vacation coming up which is why I'm hesitant to take a "mental health" day.
LysesKids 04:31 AM 12-08-2015
I am so tempted to call off today. I'm not really sick but I slept terribly and am just so tired or being sick and tired.

I have a long vacation coming up which is why I'm hesitant to take a "mental health" day.
I'm right there with you.... come 6pm on the 23rd, I'm off until 7am on Jan 4; now if my sore throat would just go away
jgcp 06:01 AM 12-08-2015
These dcp wonder why I'm closing, they all need babysitters themselves. I have one dcm who is only bringing dcg 3 days this week, and she wants to know if she can just pay Thursday ( payment is due mon or first day of care) she is also pissed that I wont continue watching her dd after I close. they are one of worst dcf and my ds doesn't get along with dcg.... and a dcd who text me at 6 am today saying he will be early today at 645 because he has a meeting, that would have been good information to have yesterday at pickup, not to mention he has two more meetings early this week. Man they are pushing me aren't they! I'm so burnt out that 13 more days seem like a lot! Maybe I should write them all letters letting them know what it was they did that pushed me to close and tell them do not do this to your next provider or the same will happen I'm just soooo done and these dcp are just squeezing the last of my sanity out of me...
daycarediva 07:00 AM 12-08-2015

If I had annnyyy other job, I would have taken both yesterday AND today off. I feel like refried dog poo. BLAH!
Febby 04:48 PM 12-08-2015
If one more parent drops off a child sick with a stomach virus this week, I'm going to scream.

And, yes, DCD, you do need to take DCB's diarrhea soaked clothes with you. I don't want them.
mommiebookworm 10:38 AM 12-11-2015
Thanks alot neighbor with the snowblower. Pointedly doing the neighbors driveways on both sides of me. I appreciate it! At least I got a workout.
MsLisa 11:56 AM 12-14-2015
SURE! Use the After School room while the Child Watch room is getting "cleaned" after a kid came in with LICE on sunday.....
Let's ignore the fact that it could now be in the After School room cause who knows which kids have it now. Let's not forget that my room is not geared nor childproofed for kids under 5yrs old. So brilliant job branch dumba** manager.

Did I mention that said branch manager bullied my ONLY assistant into doing Child Watch, knowing I need her in my room. All because our boss was standing there (who probably didn't care either way). So of course the poor girl is going to say yes, she never says no and they know it. Just wonderful ppl at the Y....such wonders.....
Febby 04:52 PM 12-14-2015
SURE! Use the After School room while the Child Watch room is getting "cleaned" after a kid came in with LICE on sunday.....
Let's ignore the fact that it could now be in the After School room cause who knows which kids have it now. Let's not forget that my room is not geared nor childproofed for kids under 5yrs old. So brilliant job branch dumba** manager.

Did I mention that said branch manager bullied my ONLY assistant into doing Child Watch, knowing I need her in my room. All because our boss was standing there (who probably didn't care either way). So of course the poor girl is going to say yes, she never says no and they know it. Just wonderful ppl at the Y....such wonders.....
What is child watch?

And that whole situation sounds incredibly annoying. And I hate lice.
BumbleBee 05:18 PM 12-14-2015
Completely OT but I am so beyond done with my vet.

A 6 weeks ago my cat was vomiting daily. Called vet, they recommended hair ball treatment, didn't want to see her based on her symptoms. Started regular hairball treatment, 2 weeks later (their recommended time frame) still vomiting daily. Called again, recommended food change, didn't want to see her. Ok, changed food. Vomiting slowed and eventually stopped. Poops were getting more and more smelly. Gave it 2 weeks per vet instructions. Smell kept getting worse. Then dark tarry stools started. Called vet again, was told don't worry as long as she's eating, drinking, using litter box, acting fine.

This Friday she started having diarrhea. Called vet, they said keep an eye on it and call if it gets worse or she gets lethargic, stops eating or using litter box. Didn't get worse Friday, Saturday or Sunday. She was her usual self just really smelly diarrhea. Woke up this morning to bloody diarrhea. Called vet first thing when they opened. Told to bring in a fresh stool sample. Okie dokie. Called assistant to come in so I could bring this delightful container of poop to the vet. Drop off stool sample & pay for fecal test.

3 hrs later I get a call that my cat has hookworms and they have dewormer for me to pick up. Left again to go get dewormer. Get there and they try to charge me for the fecal test again. Nope, already paid for that, here's the receipt. Spend 20 min getting that straightened out. Get the meds, pay for just the meds, get home and open the package to get out the first dose. (2 doses total each 0.3 ml given 10 days apart) first syringe has the full 0.3 ml in it and I give it to my cat. 2nd syringe has a giant air bubble in it and has less than 1/2 the dose.

Call vet again, tell them the situation. Bring it in they say. I leave again with the syringe. Get there and show it to them, they toss it and fill a new one with the correct dosage. Ask where the 1st syringe is. I tell them I gave it to the cat when I got home. Then they try to charge me for the new syringe. I paid it just cuz I was done and wanted my cat to get the medicine she needs but man was I ticked. 3 trips to the vet in one day.

I get home and after hours I'm venting to my sister who is a vet tech and she asks me if they weighed her (my cat) at any point during this and I tell her no. This med is dosed based on weight and the last weight on record at the vet's office is from back in April when she was 4.5 lbs. she's at least 7-8 lbs now.

Vet recommends retesting a stool sample in 30 days to see if the hookworms are still present. Well they probably will be seeing as how my cat is getting nowhere near what she's supposed to as far as dosage.

I'm just done done done with this vet. This isn't the only thing that's got me annoyed with them but it's the most recent. My cat is due for her next round of vaccines in March and even though it's 20 minutes further away I'm thinking about going to the vet 2 towns over.

Vent done!
Silly Songs 08:23 PM 12-14-2015
That stinks. I hope your kitty feels better soon.
Leigh 09:54 AM 12-16-2015
I am so ready for 9 consecutive days off! I just found a big piece of poop on my carpet! Everyone's underwear/diapers are clean. So where did this come from!?!? Gross.
auntymimi 10:14 AM 12-16-2015
Oh childcare association! My paperwork was turned in on the first, just like it is every month, and yet I have not been paid. Maybe by the 18 you say? Thank God I have a husband who works and am (mostly) done with Christmas shopping. This is crazy. I'm also pretty sure it's one of the reasons nobody wants to accept state assistance. 1100 dollars is hard to wait 6 weeks for. SMDH Thank God for my self pay clients and RESA.
Annalee 10:22 AM 12-16-2015
Dear Ford Company, quit playing games with my warranty and FIX my vehicle!!!!!!!!
Tags:social media, vent
First ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35  ... Last
Reply Up