Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Opening Preschool/ Daycare Center
Unregistered 05:48 PM 09-24-2018
I’m currently in school for ECE, I’m also a associate teacher in an early learning center. Unfortunately I’m employed with one of the lowest paying companies in my area. Even after I graduate ill be lucky to make $10 an hour. But I love what I do, and I couldn’t imagine working at a different center, unless it was my own. So what’s the pros and cons of opening your own pre-K center? It would be small. Probably in my home at first. Maybe one other teacher. Thanks in advance!
Michael 07:00 PM 09-24-2018
You would probably want to read up on family-based and not center-based licensing standards. Which state are you located?
Blackcat31 07:50 AM 09-25-2018
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I’m currently in school for ECE, I’m also a associate teacher in an early learning center. Unfortunately I’m employed with one of the lowest paying companies in my area. Even after I graduate ill be lucky to make $10 an hour. But I love what I do, and I couldn’t imagine working at a different center, unless it was my own. So what’s the pros and cons of opening your own pre-K center? It would be small. Probably in my home at first. Maybe one other teacher. Thanks in advance!
Unfortunately, Early Childhood is not a high paying field to be in. That's one of the first things they tell you when you enroll in Education 101.

There's a better possibility when owning/operating your own center or family child care but as an employee working in this field, you won't find many positions that pay much more than min wage.
Tags:small daycare, starting a daycare
Reply Up