Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Help Quick please!
WImom 12:00 PM 03-14-2012
I have DCG 3y that has had thick runny discharge from her nose and cough for over a week now. She just woke up from nap coughing and threw up on her self.

Should I send her home? I normaly do for throw up since it could be congestion or could not be?

Thoughts????
Blackcat31 12:03 PM 03-14-2012
I might be odd duck here but I send home for vomiting FOR ANY REASON.

Most parents will say, "Oh, they aren't sick. They just throw up when they cough to hard." Yeah, well it isn't like cleaning up puke from coughing too hard is different than cleaning up puke from sickness so they go home if they throw up. period.

If she has had a bad cold for more than 10 days, I also suggest a Dr visit just to be sure it hasn't begun to be something else.
wdmmom 12:06 PM 03-14-2012
Vomit equals a one way ticket home and an exclusion for the next day.
Heidi 12:06 PM 03-14-2012
I'd send her home as well. She threw up=she goes home.
mema 12:10 PM 03-14-2012
I'd send her home too and make sure to say see you on Friday since they shouldn't be coming tomorrow either.
WImom 12:12 PM 03-14-2012
That's what I'm thinking too. Thanks for helping with my backbone. Of course mom didn't answer so I left a message and will try her cell in a few minutes.
daycare 12:13 PM 03-14-2012
Originally Posted by wdmmom:
Vomit equals a one way ticket home and an exclusion for the next day.

Breezy 12:14 PM 03-14-2012
I don2t do vomit. No way no how na uh. I am emetaphobic and my parents are told this in the interview. If their child vomits you better be here RIGHT AWAY no excuses. I can't handle it and it gives me anxiety attacks. My DS threw up from coughing though the other day and I was ok... so hopefully im starting to get over it at least as far as my son goes.
Tags:send home, sick policy, vomit
Reply Up