Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Scholastic Question
DaycareMama 09:56 AM 09-23-2013
Did scholastic do away with the parent/ teacher coupons? I just received my September order and there was none?!
butterfly 10:11 AM 09-23-2013
yes they did.
DaycareMama 10:27 AM 09-23-2013
Aw man.... That stinks! My parents loved that little perk. It kept them ordering again and again.

Thanks
MarinaVanessa 10:27 AM 09-23-2013
Aww man that stinks. That's no bueno. That's one of the reasons why my clients liked ordering books from me ... they could get free book vouchers while earning my daycare free books also. Where was the email/notice saying that they were going to do this?? I don't remember getting one!
MrsSteinel'sHouse 10:34 AM 09-23-2013
It was part of the fall changes.
DaycareMama 10:42 AM 09-23-2013
The books seem to be a little more expensive too. What were some of the other changes? I seemed to miss them?
butterfly 10:43 AM 09-23-2013
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
Aww man that stinks. That's no bueno. That's one of the reasons why my clients liked ordering books from me ... they could get free book vouchers while earning my daycare free books also. Where was the email/notice saying that they were going to do this?? I don't remember getting one!
I just signed up, so I didn't realize this until after I signed up; but it's in their frequently asked questions.
daycarediva 10:55 AM 09-23-2013
I agree that the books seem more expensive as well.

Also, I just ordered from the Oct catalogs and received my order Thursday. TWO books have already come apart at the seams. My kids are older and gentle with books.
MrsSteinel'sHouse 10:58 AM 09-23-2013
I will say though I got a TON of free books with my September order!
I think the teacher perks are good. I did get the free Llama book and stickers plus the 10 free fall books. I had 40 free books in all this order.
Blackcat31 11:02 AM 09-23-2013
Originally Posted by DaycareMama:
Did scholastic do away with the parent/ teacher coupons? I just received my September order and there was none?!
Hmm, I just got two coupons for free books and a coupon for double my points via the mail.

My DCP's also ordered books online for September and when I received the books, there were 5 coupons for a free book in the box (one for each parent that ordered on-line).
MarinaVanessa 11:03 AM 09-23-2013
Originally Posted by MrsSteinel'sHouse:
I will say though I got a TON of free books with my September order!
I think the teacher perks are good. I did get the free Llama book and stickers plus the 10 free fall books. I had 40 free books in all this order.
Yes, I got this deal as well. My orders aren't due until the 28th so I won't be getting mine until then and I do get to use the parent coupons as well as my coupons from my previous order (before summer) but I guess those will be the last ones that I get to use. At least they are still keeping the points.
Jack Sprat 11:53 AM 09-23-2013
Are you talking about the $5 coupons that you got when you ordered as a parent? I hope those aren't gone! I was going to order from DD's school as well as our own. I loved those coupons!
DaycareMama 01:23 PM 09-23-2013
Yes the $5 coupon for the parent and the $3 one for the teacher. blackcat you got them this month? Interesting. I agree I thought the books were flimsier. But the teacher perks are awesom. I got the 10 free books but WOW 40 would of been awesome. Was that with you bonus points??
Blackcat31 01:57 PM 09-23-2013
Originally Posted by DaycareMama:
Yes the $5 coupon for the parent and the $3 one for the teacher. blackcat you got them this month? Interesting. I agree I thought the books were flimsier. But the teacher perks are awesom. I got the 10 free books but WOW 40 would of been awesome. Was that with you bonus points??
Yeah, I just got two postcards that were a coupon for free books and one postcard for doubling my points on my next order

I also received the books my daycare parents ordered online for September on the 18th and in the box were $3 off coupons to spend online.
MrsSteinel'sHouse 02:15 PM 09-23-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Yeah, I just got two postcards that were a coupon for free books and one postcard for doubling my points on my next order

I also received the books my daycare parents ordered online for September on the 18th and in the box were $3 off coupons to spend online.
I may need to call Scholastic then...
Lyss 02:21 PM 09-23-2013
I recently got my September order and no coupons for parents (had 3 parent orders) or teacher.

I got a postcard for 200 extra bonus points with my next order over $25 (by end of October I think) in the mail yesterday.
Blackcat31 02:26 PM 09-23-2013
Originally Posted by Lyss:
I recently got my September order and no coupons for parents (had 3 parent orders) or teacher.

I got a postcard for 200 extra bonus points with my next order over $25 (by end of October I think) in the mail yesterday.
I've been with Scholastic since I first opened. I believe they have me listed as a teacher in a public preschool because back then when I registered with them, daycare provider's weren't accepted....I have never "corrected" their mistake

I wonder if that is the reason.

Also, I never got any type of notification that they were discontinuing coupons for teachers and/or parents. How were you notified of this?
DaycareMama 04:27 PM 09-23-2013
I'm on the phone with them now and they said they did away with the parent/teacher coupons (per first customer rep) 2nd rep told me that only red apple teachers should receive parent/teacher coupons. Which I am. So they sent me those out tonight.

The billing is also all screwed up and no one can figure out why it was charging me if different rates when I was placing my order so I called it in and now my balance(which I shouldn't have) is varying online and on my itemized list. Thank goodness the customer service department is so good
Lyss 04:33 PM 09-23-2013
I've been with Scholastic since I first opened. I believe they have me listed as a teacher in a public preschool because back then when I registered with them, daycare provider's weren't accepted....I have never "corrected" their mistake

I wonder if that is the reason.

Also, I never got any type of notification that they were discontinuing coupons for teachers and/or parents. How were you notified of this?
I see! Grandfathered in! I wouldn't be pointing anything out to them either!

I'd be interested to know how people were notified as well. I've read all the emails and flyers but I didn't know anything about it being discontinued.
DaycareMama 04:49 PM 09-23-2013
Originally Posted by Lyss:
I see! Grandfathered in! I wouldn't be pointing anything out to them either!

I'd be interested to know how people were notified as well. I've read all the emails and flyers but I didn't know anything about it being discontinued.
I read everything I got too and nothing call them!! I got mine mailed out
Tags:scholastic
Reply Up