Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How Would You Run Your Schedule
Cozy_Kids_Childcare 10:49 AM 02-29-2016
Kids arrive
Nephew 530am everyone else between 7-730am

8am we load up and take my son to bus stop

9:20 am we load up again to take 4-yr olds to bus stop.

Picks up happen between 3pm and 6pm
We leave at 4pm for bus stop. Some kids leave from bus stop
mamamanda 01:56 PM 03-01-2016
Originally Posted by Cozy_Kids_Childcare:
Kids arrive
Nephew 530am everyone else between 7-730am

8am we load up and take my son to bus stop

9:20 am we load up again to take 4-yr olds to bus stop.

Picks up happen between 3pm and 6pm
We leave at 4pm for bus stop. Some kids leave from bus stop
Does your nephew go back to sleep or stay up doing quiet activities upon arrival? I find that I like structure and although I'm flexible when I need to be I like to know what is happening when. It's hard to say since I don't know what time you usually do meals or how long it takes at the bus stops each time, but I'd probably do something like this:
Quiet Play (Puzzles, books, coloring, etc) upon arrival
Breakfast-7:30
Load up for bus-8:00
8:30-Circle Time followed by free play
9:20-Load up for bus
10:00-Morning Snack
10:15-Free Play
11:30-Table activities during lunch prep
12:00-Lunch
12:30-Rest Time
2:30-Bathroom breaks/books upon waking
2:45-Afternoon Snack
3:00-Free Play
4:00-Head to bus stop
4:15-Free Play
5:30-Clean up and quiet play with only a few options until pick up
Controlled Chaos 08:14 PM 03-01-2016
Glad someone took a stab at it. I started to yesterday and got overwhelmed lol You have a lot to juggle!
MunchkinWrangler 08:29 PM 03-01-2016
That is a tough schedule. Think about the activities that you want to do during the day i.e. storytime, art/coloring, music, outside play, etc. Plan 15 minute intervals for the small activities and 30 minutes for longer ones, try to mesh a couple into one timeframe. Obviously, mealtimes and nap need routine. Or rotate, certain days will have certain activities and make sure to include activities that need to be done daily, like in my state it is required we are outside for at least 30 minutes a day, weather permitting, which is most of the time. Take a couple days to observe how much time each activity takes and how much time you need to transition to the next.
mamamanda 03:28 AM 03-02-2016
Originally Posted by MunchkinWrangler:
That is a tough schedule. Think about the activities that you want to do during the day i.e. storytime, art/coloring, music, outside play, etc. Plan 15 minute intervals for the small activities and 30 minutes for longer ones, try to mesh a couple into one timeframe. Obviously, mealtimes and nap need routine. Or rotate, certain days will have certain activities and make sure to include activities that need to be done daily, like in my state it is required we are outside for at least 30 minutes a day, weather permitting, which is most of the time. Take a couple days to observe how much time each activity takes and how much time you need to transition to the next.
This is great advice! My group is all younger right now so other than circle time (where I incorporate music, movement, stories, finger plays, etc,) we don't have scheduled times for each of these things. It is mostly free play and when kids start to get restless I grab a book and say "Story Time!" or I just randomly start singing and within seconds everyone has run over to sing with me. Also, weather permitting, any time my schedule says free play we are outdoors It is very cold here so we don't get to go out as much in the winter, but spring-fall we are outside more than not.
Tags:schedule
Reply Up