Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Prison Mom
Unregistered 12:39 PM 01-19-2012
I am currently watching an adorable little one year old boy whose mommy is in jail for drug use, its her second or third time. Hes being watched by his aunt and uncle and pretty much raised i thought. The other day they mentioned his mom will be getting out in March, not sure if that means he will be pulled out of my care or not, but you would think they would give me some notice of this. I was under the impression the uncle and aunt had custody. Not sure now. Dont know what to do now, just wait and let it play out or let them know if hes not permanet i need to start advertising.
cheerfuldom 01:36 PM 01-19-2012
You need to talk to his uncle and aunt ASAP. You also need a full knowledge of the custody arrangement. You have to know if his mother is even able to pick him up, who makes decisions in the case of emergencies, if he is going to continue in your care, etc. I am surprised this never came up before as you knew he was not being raised by his bio mom. At this point, I would insist on a copy of any custody paperwork.
Unregistered 07:46 AM 01-20-2012
They are going for full guardianship, and there is no way the child will end up back with his mother.... which actually is kind of sad... sigh the choices we make which destroy lives. At least he has good souls watching over him now
Tags:custody, custody agreement, parent - in prison
Reply Up