Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>KidKare Accounting - Invoices
Unregistered 06:03 PM 01-29-2018
I'm sure this question has been asked, I just can't find it. How do you change a payment from draft to paid?
Michael 06:06 PM 01-29-2018
Here’s another thread for kid kare invoices
https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=87750
Cat Herder 03:53 AM 01-30-2018
Open the invoice (click on the date), click the red dollar sign, choose cash or check, then hit record payment.
Unregistered 06:40 AM 01-30-2018
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
Open the invoice (click on the date), click the red dollar sign, choose cash or check, then hit record payment.
I opened the invoice, but there is no red dollar sign on it anywhere......where should the red dollar sign be on the invoice?
Blackcat31 06:52 AM 01-30-2018
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I opened the invoice, but there is no red dollar sign on it anywhere......where should the red dollar sign be on the invoice?
"Draft. An invoice that has been started but has not officially been "created" yet. Payments cannot be recorded for invoices in “draft” status. Once the invoice has been created it will change from "Draft" to "Unpaid" status."

https://help.kidkare.com/help/create-an-invoice

Maybe that will be helpful? ^^
Unregistered 08:13 AM 01-30-2018
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
"Draft. An invoice that has been started but has not officially been "created" yet. Payments cannot be recorded for invoices in “draft” status. Once the invoice has been created it will change from "Draft" to "Unpaid" status."

https://help.kidkare.com/help/create-an-invoice

Maybe that will be helpful? ^^
This was very helpful. Thanks!
PMB 07:05 PM 03-13-2018
Hello I am curious how you all feel about paying $8 dollars or more a month for using the accounting portion of KK? I feel they have a monopoly on all providers who are using it for their food programs. They pretty much have all of Minnesota and I am sure many other states. My switch from MM to KK was a disaster and it has taken a year to get some things fixed. Now they are telling providers if you do not pay for the accounting portion you lose all access to it! I thought a provider was to keep at least 3 years 3 months of records. Since the program has been a nightmare for so many what are they doing with the money. How many providers use the program?
Country Kids 08:55 AM 03-14-2018
Originally Posted by PMB:
Hello I am curious how you all feel about paying $8 dollars or more a month for using the accounting portion of KK? I feel they have a monopoly on all providers who are using it for their food programs. They pretty much have all of Minnesota and I am sure many other states. My switch from MM to KK was a disaster and it has taken a year to get some things fixed. Now they are telling providers if you do not pay for the accounting portion you lose all access to it! I thought a provider was to keep at least 3 years 3 months of records. Since the program has been a nightmare for so many what are they doing with the money. How many providers use the program?

Yes, it is more than MM and I liked MM much better!!!!

You do have to keep three years of records and if you don't want to pay for KK you can always do paper copies of everything. I did that for years!!! I would do everything by hand and then at the end of the year put together something for my tax person.
hwichlaz 01:42 PM 03-14-2018
I’d pay even more than $8 per month if I got all of my MM features back.
Cat Herder 03:16 AM 03-15-2018
Originally Posted by hwichlaz:
I’d pay even more than $8 per month if I got all of my MM features back.
What she said. Still loathe Kidkare.
Blackcat31 06:40 AM 03-15-2018
Originally Posted by PMB:
Print your records out and save them.
Access to online storage will not be allowed if you don't pay the monthly fee but there is nothing that stops us from printing out our tax info and saving it for however many years you need to.

I am in MN too and I don't really see any of this as a big deal (other than KidKare is a PITA right now...). I feel lucky that our food programs (I've been with 2 different ones since I first opened) have paid for the accounting portion of MMK in the first place as I've heard of alot of providers that never got that perk from their food program agencies.

I plan on looking deeper into Quickbook and if I don't like it or feel it doesn't meet my needs, then I'll happily pay $8 a month (tax deductible) for access to Kid Kare just so long as the program continues to improve. As awful as it is right now, I can't imagine it could get worse...
Cat Herder 06:56 AM 03-15-2018
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
As awful as it is right now, I can't imagine it could get worse...
*Knocks on wood. Bangs head on desk. Don't challenge them.
Country Kids 07:40 AM 03-15-2018
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
*Knocks on wood. Bangs head on desk. Don't challenge them.
We now know if anything happens, they have seen what BC said and accepted the challenge
Blackcat31 07:48 AM 03-15-2018
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
We now know if anything happens, they have seen what BC said and accepted the challenge
Yeah, well if they make it worse, then the jokes on them because that means they were listening and if they were listening all along but still haven't done much improving as a result than that speaks volumes and serves as feedback for a program they are trying to sell us

Not a very good marketing or sales strategy.
Tags:kidkare - invoices
Reply Up