Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Anyone Ever Change Their Daycare From one County to Another?
marniewon 12:24 PM 08-25-2010
I am licensed in one county but am moving to another county in the next few months (same state). I'm trying to figure out what is involved in getting licensed in the new county (do I have to re-apply or can I just transfer my info to the new place?). I have tried to call licensing but only get voice mail.
MyAngels 08:05 PM 08-25-2010
I'm in Illinois, and here you just have to meet with your new licensing rep and have them do a home visit to make sure everything is up to standards. They then issue an updated license for the new location.
Abigail 08:50 PM 08-25-2010
You will still need your new home inspected and new fire/emergency exits and plans submitted like you probably already have for your current home. I don't think you have to reapply because you're in the same state, you currently have a license, and your childcare license wasn't revoked or suspended from not meeting the standards of licensing requirements. Make sure to leave a message when you call the new county and also call your current licensure and tell them where you are moving and that you are unable to get in reach with that county's licensure. They should be able to assist you. That is a good start!
MarinaVanessa 09:18 PM 08-25-2010
I'm from CA and here the process is pretty easy. You just have to notify them of the move, when you plan to start at the new place and they have to do an inspection before you actually start. Here there's a transfer fee from one address to another but it shouldn't be too much if they have one in your area.
Michael 11:11 PM 08-25-2010
Originally Posted by marniewon:
I am licensed in one county but am moving to another county in the next few months (same state). I'm trying to figure out what is involved in getting licensed in the new county (do I have to re-apply or can I just transfer my info to the new place?). I have tried to call licensing but only get voice mail.
For Michigan see Family Home Ratios: https://www.daycare.com/michigan/
boysx5 02:52 AM 08-26-2010
I have only done state to state
Tags:ratios
Reply Up