Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Clearance Halloween Costumes
AnythingsPossible 07:08 AM 10-28-2011
This is a spin off from another thread of mine on my play kitchen, but some were talking about buying costumes for the dress up area.

For those of you who are clearance shoppers, is it better to wait for a few days after a holiday, or does WalMart put things on low clearance price right away?

We do not have a good will in our area, and our one flea market type place likes to think everything they have is vintage or antique and charge as such. They will hit the yard sales in the summer and buy stuff then sell it in their store with a jacked up price It's sad but entertaining. So I think clearance would be a great way to build a dress up area, but want to get the best price!
godiva83 07:14 AM 10-28-2011
I found places like Old Navy reduce prices a few weeks ahead of Halloween and than after Halloweeen they are reduced even more!! Last year I bought amazing costumes for $2.50 there
melskids 08:27 AM 10-28-2011
walmart's costumes where 75-90% off the day AFTER halloween.

it must have been "daycare provider / teacher run to walmart as fast as you can day" because there were quite a few of us fighting over the cotumes.
Blackcat31 08:31 AM 10-28-2011
I "buy" costumes from the parents after they are through with them. I usually get them for free or super cheap.

One mom I have runs a parent group and she usually collects unwanted costumes from her parent members and donates them to me.
morgan24 08:33 AM 10-28-2011
I go to Wal-Mart the next day or send some one for me. When I get the costumes home I re-enforce the under seams and check to see if any other seams need it. I still have costumes for 5 years ago that are still in good shape because of that.
wahmof3 09:05 AM 10-28-2011
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I "buy" costumes from the parents after they are through with them. I usually get them for free or super cheap.

One mom I have runs a parent group and she usually collects unwanted costumes from her parent members and donates them to me.

What a GREAT idea!!!!!!!!!!
MsMe 11:10 AM 10-28-2011
I am one that runs to Walmart....i do it for EVERY Holiday... I never buy full price befor ethe Holiday....I just pack it up and wait untill next year.

The first year I did it I was sad I have to put all of my 'cool' new stuff away and not use it, but it has gotten easier becasue now I have 'cool' new stuff to open for each Holiday Some I forgot about so it is like a surprise to open each box and I know it will be full of stuff I like bc I picked it out
DCMom 11:39 AM 10-28-2011
Originally Posted by MsMe:
I am one that runs to Walmart....i do it for EVERY Holiday... I never buy full price befor ethe Holiday....I just pack it up and wait untill next year.

The first year I did it I was sad I have to put all of my 'cool' new stuff away and not use it, but it has gotten easier becasue now I have 'cool' new stuff to open for each Holiday Some I forgot about so it is like a surprise to open each box and I know it will be full of stuff I like bc I picked it out
I do this too! It's always and adventure to see what I packed away from the year before, lol. I always pick up things like paper plates, cups, treat bags and decor for our holiday parties. I'm that person the day after...

Halloween is the best~I always re-stock my dress up area for cheap. I get a lot of hand me downs from my daycare parents, too. That's really nice because they spend a fortune on some of these costumes, so they are really well made and can stand up to the use they get.
LittleD 07:45 PM 10-29-2011
We have a liquidaton World here, and last year costumes were on for a dollar!! I missed that sale, but will be checking stores out this year!
Meyou 05:17 AM 10-30-2011
I have great luck getting halloween costumes at yard sales in the summer. I got 6 this summer for about $15. I buy them in any size and just cut the bottoms and sleeves to an appropriate length. They larger sizes (8-10) actually work better for the little ones (3-4 age) because they're nice and wide so easy to get on and off.
DaisyMamma 05:18 AM 10-30-2011
freecycle is a great way to get costumes free after Halloween. It's also a great place to get all sorts of things. I've gotten a lot of my toys, strollers, infant swing, bouncer, exersaucer. I always check with freecycle first.

http://www.freecycle.org/
Tags:halloween, halloween - outfit
Reply Up