Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Grants for Michigan Daycare?
PositvityRuLes 07:02 AM 01-11-2010
(MI) Does anyone have info on grants to do with home/family care? Thanx in advance.
Crystal 11:06 AM 01-11-2010
Typically, you will not find grants available, unless you are non-profit. What you may find, is within your local Resource and Referral Agency, programs that, if you attend their trainings, will provde you with small stipends for materials, or kits that include some materials commonly needed in FCC. Where are you located? I may be able to help you identify some resources.
PositvityRuLes 08:09 PM 01-11-2010
Originally Posted by Crystal:
Typically, you will not find grants available, unless you are non-profit. What you may find, is within your local Resource and Referral Agency, programs that, if you attend their trainings, will provde you with small stipends for materials, or kits that include some materials commonly needed in FCC. Where are you located? I may be able to help you identify some resources.
(Michigan) Thanx for your help Crystal Resources of any kind would be great.
Crystal 07:40 AM 01-12-2010
Hey there. Not sure which part of Michigan you re in, but here is where you can locate your local R&R

http://www.naccrra.org/randd/search....archObject.y=9

Once you locate your local r&r, you can check their website for a list of resources. Typically they will assist with licensing regulations, often provide scholarships for health and safety training and upgrades, offer workshops that, once completed you receive a stipend for materials or a resource kit. You might also check with your local health department for resources, and there are many websites that offer free downloads for curriculum, activities, posters you can print etc.

Let me know if I can offer any other help!
PositvityRuLes 02:35 PM 01-12-2010
Originally Posted by Crystal:
Hey there. Not sure which part of Michigan you re in, but here is where you can locate your local R&R

http://www.naccrra.org/randd/search....archObject.y=9

Once you locate your local r&r, you can check their website for a list of resources. Typically they will assist with licensing regulations, often provide scholarships for health and safety training and upgrades, offer workshops that, once completed you receive a stipend for materials or a resource kit. You might also check with your local health department for resources, and there are many websites that offer free downloads for curriculum, activities, posters you can print etc.

Let me know if I can offer any other help!
Thanx a bunch Cystal! This was very helpful indeed.
Your feedback is very much appreciated
Tags:assistance, grants
Reply Up