Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Menus, Breakfast, Lunch and Snack Ideas>Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
MrsSteinel'sHouse 09:49 AM 08-29-2012
http://www.food.com/recipe/banana-ch...-muffins-19424

I doubled it and add in 2 C of oats. It made 24 muffins a pan of mini muffins and 3 little loaves. They are yummy!! And not too sweet. No butter in them either

Serves: 12
Yield:
12 12.0
12Servings Sizemufins
Update.
mufins
.Units: US | Metric
.3 medium very ripe bananas
1 egg
1/3 cup low-fat buttermilk or 1/3 cup milk
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 -3 tablespoons chocolate chips
2 tablespoons chopped walnuts (optional)
Directions:
1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2Lightly coat 12 muffin tin liners with cooking spray and place in muffin tin.
3In large bowl, mash bananas with fork.
4Whisk in egg, milk, granulated sugar, and brown sugar.
5In separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt.
6Add flour mixture to banana mixture and combine well.
7Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts.
8Spoon equal amounts of batter into 12 muffin cups.
9Bake 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
10Allow to cool slightly in pan, then remove to wire rack.
Meyou 09:55 AM 08-29-2012
They have 4 tsp of sugar per muffin plus chocolate and banana. Do these qualify for the US food program? I'm not knocking the taste! I'm sure they're delicious and banana chocolate chip is a fav here.
MrsSteinel'sHouse 10:38 AM 08-29-2012
Oh and I used 1/2 organic white and 1/2 whole wheat flour (I always use half and half) + oats so I would think as a grain they would.
I used 1 3/4 C sugar (onlly 3/4 brown because that is what I had left) and I got 24 full size muffins, 24 mini and 3 loaves so even if you said 36 muffins that is 2.3 tsp per muffin or 9g of sugar per muffin. You might even be able to cut the sugar a little more to 1 1/2 if you wanted.
Meyou 01:25 PM 08-29-2012
I was going by the original recipe which says it makes 12 muffins.

I have a recipe with all whole wheat and no sugar (honey instead).
MrsSteinel'sHouse 05:06 PM 08-29-2012
post it please We use a lot of honey around here. I was just gifted like 49 ripe bananas and I liked that this recipe didn't have butter because I didn't have any.
Kaddidle Care 06:49 PM 08-29-2012
BTW - with most baked goods you can substitute apple sauce for butter/margarine/oil in case you use a different recipe.

I like to keep those little 6 packs of apple sauce handy for this. Do measure it though - I can't remember if they hold a half cup or 1/3.

Banana Chocolate chip is the ONLY way I make banana muffins. Though I admit that I tend to be lazy about the individual muffins and often just dump it in a 13 x 9 pan (pam it first) and just cut it into brownies of sorts.
kristine 07:43 PM 10-17-2012
Wow, those muffins looks so yummy, I'm sure kids would surely love it
Scout 09:43 AM 11-14-2012
I am making these now & they smell great! I followed recipe & also added 1c oats...cant wait to try them!
adoreachild 11:48 PM 12-24-2012
Banana is having a lot of benefits but most of the kids don't like to eat it because they don't like its smell. So, for those kids this is a nice trick to give them banana to eat.
Tags:banana, chocolate, dessert, muffins, recipe
Reply Up