Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How Did You Choose Your Name?
Nebula 05:01 PM 08-01-2013
So I am finally to the point to choose my name for my daycare (getting the DBA and all that) but have no idea what to choose, would love some thoughts??

My initial thought was The Great Adventure Learning Academy, or Great Adventures Learning Academy (after one of my favorite Christian singers, Steven Curtis Chapman he has The Great Adventure

But it is kind of long. I want something fun, catchy, and not overly Christian. Nothing like "God's Angels" or anything like that, I want something that is Subtly Christian........... but not blatant and overly repulsive lol.

Any ideas?

An example is I used to work as Shining Stars. Now there is a Bible Verse about children "shining like stars" in the world, which is where they got the name....
Brooksie 05:13 PM 08-01-2013
Originally Posted by Nebula:
So I am finally to the point to choose my name for my daycare (getting the DBA and all that) but have no idea what to choose, would love some thoughts??

My initial thought was The Great Adventure Learning Academy, or Great Adventures Learning Academy (after one of my favorite Christian singers, Steven Curtis Chapman he has The Great Adventure

But it is kind of long. I want something fun, catchy, and not overly Christian. Nothing like "God's Angels" or anything like that, I want something that is Subtly Christian........... but not blatant and overly repulsive lol.

Any ideas?

An example is I used to work as Shining Stars. Now there is a Bible Verse about children "shining like stars" in the world, which is where they got the name....
Great Adventure Learning Academy (or GALA childcare). I think that sounds great! My FCC is Sprouts, a place where children grow. I grew up in a FCC and that was my moms dc's name and slogan. She ran an amazing program that people still talk about 20 years later. But yea, GALA childcare sounds enticing.
craftymissbeth 05:13 PM 08-01-2013
I can't really help you with a subtle Christian name... there are others here who are far better at things like that than I am.

But the way I came up with my name was when I was filling out my online licensing application, I filled it out and then saved it for later. When I went back into it I got a little confused and hit submit. Needless to say, the name I had entered in there was one that I was just toying with and I had no intention of actually using it. Annnnd now I'm stuck with it

That didn't help you at all
Starburst 05:32 PM 08-01-2013
Bible theme names:
Nazarene Children daycare- Nazarene is my great-aunt's name, but it is also the original name of Christians. http://www.gospel-mysteries.net/nazarenes.html
Children of the Nazareth
Children for Christ child care
Children of the Cross
Noah's Arch daycare
Unregistered 05:34 PM 08-01-2013
I've decided to put it to a contest for my parents to get free tuition!!

But will still take ideas here
Starburst 05:35 PM 08-01-2013
I tried posting another one but it said it needs to be reviewed by monitors? IDK why sometimes it does that so I guess it wont post.

Some Christian or bible themed names (You can also sub 'Child Care' for 'Daycare'):

Nazarene Child Care- Nazarene is my great-aunt's name. The Nazarenes were the original group of Christians. http://www.gospel-mysteries.net/nazarenes.html
Children of The Nazareth Child Care
Children of Christ Child Care
Children of Love Child Care
Children of Peace Child Care
Children of Joy Child Care
Children of Faith Child Care
Children of Hope Child Care
Heavenly Angels Child Care
Heaven Sent Child Care
Heavenly Gifts Child Care
(Can use this for slogan/philosophy: Psalms 127:3 Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from him).
Gifts From Above Child Care
Precious Miracles Child Care
Everyday Miracles Child Care
Joyful Miracles Child Care
Blissful Child Care
Daily Blessings Child Care
Little Blessings Child Care
Halleluiah Child Care
Got The Joy Down In My Heart Child Care
Lovely Little Angels Child Care
Heavenly Child Care
Heaven on Earth Child Care
Noah's Arc Child Care
Adam and Eve Child Care
(may be misleading if your name is not Eve)
Eden Child Care
Bundles of Joy Child Care
(Proverbs 10:1 A wise son brings joy to his father, but a foolish son grief to his mother)
The Star of Bethlehem Child Care (or Bethlehem Child Care)
Wise Man's Child Care (or Wise Woman's Child Care. It would really be cool if your last name was Wiseman, I knew someone with that LN)
Faithful Child Care
Glorious Days Daycare
Amazing Grace Child Care
(Bonus if you name is Grace)
In His Hands Child Care
Everything Happens For A Reason Child Care
Spirit in The Sky Child Care
(I love that song, very catchy- could be your "theme song" for like a website)

* On a side note: Ironically I went to a dollar store out of town and found 4 different CDs with scripture, hymns, bible and Sunday school songs
_Dana_ 08:21 PM 08-01-2013
I had a hard time coming up with my name too. Eventually, I just listed all the qualities that I want in my child care and what qualities are important to me. We eventually came up with Play and Learn Academy. My program is inquiry-based, using play as a means to learn. It is cross-curricular and the kids love it! I've already been doing it for the last two years at an IB international school in the Bahamas, so it will be fairly easy to apply to my FCC.

Good luck! Let us know what you choose.
Unregistered 09:23 PM 08-01-2013
I have several good suggestions,

Little Hands & Feet (THere is a Newsboys song called Hands & Feet...)
The Dove's Nest

So far they seem to work.
Starburst 12:10 AM 08-02-2013
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I've decided to put it to a contest for my parents to get free tuition!!

But will still take ideas here
I think she is still in the opening process and doesn't have clients yet, so that may not be an option for her. Most providers on here might be more likely to only do a free day because they really need the income.

Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I have several good suggestions,

Little Hands & Feet (THere is a Newsboys song called Hands & Feet...)
The Dove's Nest

So far they seem to work.
I responded to your other post on this-> https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30315
originalkat 05:28 AM 08-02-2013
I love your original idea to use Great Adventures Learning Academy. It doesnt sound too long to me.
MrsSteinel'sHouse 05:37 AM 08-02-2013
My little Caleb named me. I always thought names for home providers were, well .. not to insult anyone but, stupid. Then little Caleb would say, I am at Mrs. Steinel's House. And I thought yep, that is it. So, now I do use Mrs. Steinel's House.
MsLaura529 05:55 AM 08-02-2013
I really like Great Adventures Learning Academy! It's a subtle Christian reference for those who would understand. For those who wouldn't understand it, it just sounds exciting! You could just call it Great Adventures for short, but when advertising, I would use the full name. It sounds great!

My name is ... well ... not so creative. When I worked at a home daycare as an assistant, the kids called me Miss Laura. Sooooo, when I opened my own, I decided to call it Miss Laura's Home Daycare. Woo-hoo! Haha.
preschoolteacher 08:37 AM 08-02-2013
I also really like Great Adventures Learning Academy. I personally don't like names like Little Hands and Feet or Cindy's Cuties Childcare or other things like that... they are cute, but I'm not really into cute. I know lots of people are, though.

We live in MN (land of 10,000 lakes) so my daycare is named after a local lake that is a big part of our community.
Nebula 08:50 AM 08-02-2013
Originally Posted by preschoolteacher:
I also really like Great Adventures Learning Academy. I personally don't like names like Little Hands and Feet or Cindy's Cuties Childcare or other things like that... they are cute, but I'm not really into cute. I know lots of people are, though.

We live in MN (land of 10,000 lakes) so my daycare is named after a local lake that is a big part of our community.

I have lots of Babysitting clients, somehow I logged in as "GUEST" when I posted that lol this is the only post I made on a name. And I have 3 kids already enrolled for Fall. I pitched the contest to parents..

Yeah GALA is subtle, and only some people would know the Christian meaning, namely if you knew the song.

Newest Name which I love, is Cornerstone Early Learning Academy

But have a whole month to decide lol.
DaisyMamma 01:28 PM 08-02-2013
"My town" family daycare. Makes it sound official
Tags:baby names, business name, christian daycare, theme
Reply Up