Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Menus, Breakfast, Lunch and Snack Ideas>Freezing
mema 12:53 PM 10-25-2011
Does anyone freeze muffins? I had a bunch of over ripe bananas and some pumpkin left over from pancakes and made muffins. I would like to freeze them as I don't need them right away. TIA
Cat Herder 04:33 PM 10-25-2011
I do often.

I defrost and put them back in the oven to brown a bit so they are crisp again on the outside.

If I know I will be freezing them I take them out of the oven while they are still a bit pale, but done. "Par Baked" if you have ever done restaurant kitchen work.
mema 04:49 PM 10-25-2011
Do you put them in freezer bags or wrap them in foil? I have never frozen breads, so not quite sure.
Kaddidle Care 05:48 PM 10-25-2011
I put them in leftover chinese food containers and freeze them. If you take them out and let them defrost, they will be quite wet. A quick bake before serving is a good idea although nobody has complained about them being a bit sticky after freezing. They still go poof!
Cat Herder 05:54 PM 10-25-2011
Originally Posted by mema:
Do you put them in freezer bags or wrap them in foil? I have never frozen breads, so not quite sure.
I use quart sized freezer bags and open them a bit when defrosting in the fridge to keep them from getting soggy.
mema 06:02 PM 10-25-2011
Thanks! Crossing my fingers!
athomemommy 04:32 AM 10-26-2011
You can put wax paper between the pancakes. Making it easier if you need just a few.
misslori50 03:24 PM 08-20-2013
i freeze everything. In fact I made tons of mini muffins and freeze them.
Tags:food, food - freezing, food - storage, muffins
Reply Up