Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Halloween
Unregistered 05:23 AM 10-20-2014
What do you plan to do for your kiddos for Halloween?! Will you have a party? Treat bags? Dress up? Halloween movie? Will this occur on Halloween or before?
TickleMonster 05:31 AM 10-20-2014
On Halloween, we will be having a movie day and I give out homemade pumpkin white chocolate chip pecan cookies to all my families.
Second Home 05:35 AM 10-20-2014
We decorate either cupcakes or cookies . I always plan to do it on a day where I have the most dck here , this year there is an early school release on halloween so we will do it that day .
LAPE 06:04 AM 10-20-2014
We just did a Halloween party/Parent's Night Out on Saturday. It worked out great because it was also Sweetest Day! We played Halloween games, watched a Halloween movie, did crafts, and had pizza! Each DCK that came got a big goodie bag. We also had a costume contest (everyone won something)! Those that couldn't come will get a small goodie bag!
midaycare 06:10 AM 10-20-2014
The kids can dress up and I will dress up, but it's not a huge party. We might decorate cookies.
Blackcat31 06:54 AM 10-20-2014
I'm always closed on Halloween.

The holiday is one I feel the kids should spend with their family doing whatever it is their family does for Halloween.
NightOwl 06:57 AM 10-20-2014
I have a very young group, 2 and under. What do you guys do with the little littles? They can't really decorate cupcakes.
taylorw1210 06:57 AM 10-20-2014
The kids are going to be allowed to wear costumes (within reason and w/ no accesories), and we are going to decorate cupcakes, do a fun halloween craft, and weather permitting - have a little parade down the block.
taylorw1210 06:59 AM 10-20-2014
Originally Posted by Wednesday:
I have a very young group, 2 and under. What do you guys do with the little littles? They can't really decorate cupcakes.
My group is 2 and under - decorating cupcakes for us is putting on sprinkles. They still love it.
taylorw1210 06:59 AM 10-20-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I'm always closed on Halloween.

The holiday is one I feel the kids should spend with their family doing whatever it is their family does for Halloween.
Enjoy your 3 day weekend!
Baby Beluga 07:21 AM 10-20-2014
I plan to have the kids dress up in their costumes, watch "The great pumpkin" have Halloween related snacks (ghost bananas, teeth made from apples and marshmallows, mummy hotdogs for lunch - things like that), and make a sensory bin filled with cooked/dyed spaghetti and add spider rings.
kathiemarie 07:47 AM 10-20-2014
We are going to an assisted living home for the elderly dressed in our costumes and have a parade. The DCK will hand out treats to the residents. We are going with 4 other FCC. Mine are 2.5 and under.
Baby Beluga 08:39 AM 10-20-2014
Originally Posted by kathiemarie:
We are going to an assisted living home for the elderly dressed in our costumes and have a parade. The DCK will hand out treats to the residents. We are going with 4 other FCC. Mine are 2.5 and under.
What a fun idea!
finsup 08:56 AM 10-20-2014
We're doing a pirate treasure hunt (hopefully I'll be able to burry the treasure in the leaves and they'll have shovels to "dig" it up with), then watching a Halloween movie. Most likely decorating cookies or cupcakes too. I think lol. I haven't figured it out 100% yet.
DaveA 09:41 AM 10-20-2014
I'm Halloween's version of Ebenezer Scrooge, so I won't be doing anything with the daycare kids. My wife or I take our kids trick or treating, she'll put up a few decorations, & I'll have candy here for trick or treators. Otherwise I ignore the holiday completely. I can fake enthusiasm over dcks' costumes so the dcks enjoy themselves, but I really don't care.
TomCopeland 09:36 AM 10-22-2014
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
What do you plan to do for your kiddos for Halloween?! Will you have a party? Treat bags? Dress up? Halloween movie? Will this occur on Halloween or before?
What is Unique About Halloween in Family Child Care?
CraftyMom 10:52 AM 10-22-2014
Good ideas!
originalkat 06:41 PM 10-22-2014
I always have a fall festival on a Friday in October. This year we are having it on Halloween. Parents are strongly encouraged to attend (I have it at 3pm) and usually all come and leave with their children after the festival.
This year we will have: (These are all games from places like Oriental Trading and Lakeshore that I have purchased over the years.)

Bounce House
Candycorn Bowling
Ring Toss
Barn Beanbag toss
Spin the Wheel
Plinko
Monster Golf
Cookie Decorating
Monster Hand craft (popcorn and candycorn in food service gloves)

Here is a picture from last year's festival:

Sunchimes 05:27 AM 10-23-2014
I'm doing very little this year. I only have one with the ability to possibly grasp the idea. But, he has rage issues, and on the advice of his therapist, we have suspended any activities. Depending on his mood, we may try a small craft. Our Halloween comes that evening. All DC kids and their siblings will have a goody bag waiting on them. They trick or treat our house and get a bag of cool stuff from the Witch.
jenboo 06:43 AM 10-23-2014
Originally Posted by Wednesday:
Mine are 2.5 and under. We are having a PJ day, watching a Halloween cartoon and decorating cookies. For the cookies, I give them a plate with a cookie, glob of frosting and Popsicle stick. Then I let them go to town.
lovemykidstoo 07:01 AM 10-23-2014
Originally Posted by originalkat:
I always have a fall festival on a Friday in October. This year we are having it on Halloween. Parents are strongly encouraged to attend (I have it at 3pm) and usually all come and leave with their children after the festival.
This year we will have: (These are all games from places like Oriental Trading and Lakeshore that I have purchased over the years.)

Bounce House
Candycorn Bowling
Ring Toss
Barn Beanbag toss
Spin the Wheel
Plinko
Monster Golf
Cookie Decorating

So cute!! How do you do the broomsticks?
CraftyMom 08:35 AM 10-23-2014
Originally Posted by jenboo:
Mine are 2.5 and under. We are having a PJ day, watching a Halloween cartoon and decorating cookies. For the cookies, I give them a plate with a cookie, glob of frosting and Popsicle stick. Then I let them go to town.
Good idea, I might steal this! Our Halloween party is Thursday, so pj's on Halloween would be cool!
sugar buzz 09:35 AM 10-23-2014
Originally Posted by originalkat:

Bounce House
Candycorn Bowling
Ring Toss
Barn Beanbag toss
Spin the Wheel
Plinko
Monster Golf
Cookie Decorating

I was just going to add that I like to go to the Dollar Store and buy glow sticks, glow paint, and glow in the dark toys. I turn my laundry room into a "haunted house," since it's the darkest room in the house, but I think I'm taking my kids here, instead!!!!
heyhun77 10:14 AM 10-23-2014
We are walking through the nearby clinic/hospital where we walk to each week for tea/coffee and taking them treats instead of trick or treating. Checked with them this morning and they are super excited and asked if the kids could have treats. I told them it wasn't necessary but if they choose to bring treats I prefer non-food treats. We are actually giving them oranges with jack-o-lanturn faces drawn on them. ETA: The kiddos and I will wear our costumes that morning while we walk there and back. The school kids get parties in their classrooms so after school we will have our typical Friday afternoon playtime while the house cleaners are here for the end of the week cleaning.
originalkat 12:49 PM 10-23-2014
lovemykidstoo- I havent made the broomsticks, but I am thinking with a pretzel stick and string cheese???

Sugarbuzz- Love the haunted laundry room idea!
Josiegirl 03:00 PM 10-23-2014
All I know so far is that it's going to be on Halloween and it's a pajama party. Treats, games, and other details will be thrown together this weekend(yep procrastinator right here)from all my saved stuff in Pinterest. They have some really cute stuff.

In fact, those pretzel/cheese witch brooms are on there too.
Tags:halloween, halloween - ideas, halloween - party
Reply Up