Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Parents and Guardians Forum>Kindergartner Left at School
happymom 09:01 AM 05-03-2018
There was an oversight yesterday at daycare and my child was not picked up from school.

Yesterday was a very unique day. My son normally is in PM kindergarten, but due to a field trip he would be attending during the AM hours yesterday.

This was communicated throughout the school year between myself and the director and I spoke with the assistant director the morning of. She said it shouldn't be a problem but they'd call me if it was.

Well, they forgot to call me and he wasn't picked up from school

I got a call from the school that he was still there and the daycare van never came. It sounds like they called the other boy's mom, but must have got distracted before calling me.

I mean, my kid's fine. Daycare is less than a half mile from school, so they ran over right away and picked him up (otherwise it was going to be 20 more minutes until I could get there from work). The owner was there at the daycare when my phone call was made, and she left to get him while I was still on the phone.

Just wondering your thoughts on this.
Tags:child left alone, child left at daycare, hot car death, organization, own child, priorities, transportation issues, transportation vehicles, transporting daycare kids, van driver
Up