Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Parents and Guardians Forum>I Want to Pay My Babysitter, but She will Will N/Contact Me...
Dae 01:22 PM 06-08-2012
I am almost at my wit ends trying to pay my babysitter. She was an awesome sitter and I love her dearly, but I don't understand what is going on with her. I owed her $153 last year and I told he when I got my taxes I would pay her back. She still helped me out when I needed her. I called her when I got my refund, but her cell was disconnected. I call another babysitter and asked her to give her my phone number so we could discussed what I owed her. I never heard from her. I thought that was odd so I called the other babysitter again. I even called my babysitters son's middle school and left a message for him to have her call me. We were having car issues and once we got that solved I went to her house. Her middle son said she wasn't home, but her car was there. My husband and daughter believes she was there, but didn't want to talk to me. I have written her letters, sent her a mother's day car thanking her for being a mom to my daughter. I will taking the day off next wednesday for a doctors appt and am planning to $100 to her and then will have to send the remaining $53.00, but I don't know why she won't respond to me. I don't know what we did for to act like this. I have even asked her numerous times in my letters to let me know and if I owe her an apology I will give it to her... but I got nothing back. I have never in my life had to hunt someone down to pay them. Any suggestions.
Blackcat31 01:36 PM 06-08-2012
I guess if you have made attempts to contact her and/or pay her and she refuses contact with you, all you can really do is leave it alone and stop trying to contact her. She obviously doesn't want to be paid and/or have any contact with you.

I am sorry for sounding harsh as I am not trying to be, just being honest.
Kaddidle Care 02:19 PM 06-08-2012
It's clear she wants to break off ties to you. Stop stalking her. If you really, truly want to pay her, put a check in the mail. Better yet, make it a money order.
texascare 02:44 PM 06-08-2012
Leave it alone. You have tried to contact her there is nothing more you can do. Who knows what is going on. At least you tried. If you keep going after her it may make her mad. Send a money order and keep your reciept as proof, and send it certified mail.
saved4always 05:28 PM 06-08-2012
Originally Posted by texascare:
Leave it alone. You have tried to contact her there is nothing more you can do. Who knows what is going on. At least you tried. If you keep going after her it may make her mad. Send a money order and keep your reciept as proof, and send it certified mail.
Sounds strange to me. I agree you should just do the money order sent certified mail and be done with it. You have spent enough time trying to contact her and either she is not getting any of your messages or she just doesn't want to talk to you for whatever reason or who knows...people can be very strange.
Reply Up