Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Help me with my schedule or DCB
284878 07:34 PM 09-02-2015
I have DCB 5, DCG 4, DD 3, DCB 1.5, and DCB baby. They arrive between 8-8:30 and baby naps from 9-9:30 to 10:30-11. Breakfast is 8:50/9 Lunch is 11. Pick up is 5/6 depending if it is DCM or DCD day. (DCB 1.5 is only child, the other 3 are siblings and then my dd, only child)

My outside time was 30 after Breakfast, 30 after Lunch and 60 after Nap.
This week I eliminated the 1st outside time and combined it with the 2nd outside time.

Before I was going out right away to burn of some energy (oldest is high energy) and feeding baby his bottle before nap.
Last week the oldest would complain that he did not want to go out right away, he wanted to play with xxx toy. The baby has been start eating more and refusing his bottle more, so feeding a bottle outside was no longer working and he gets to hungry to wait.

Now I do breakfast right away and get the baby down for a nap, which is working well for me. However the oldest starts running, jumping and riles up the other kids. He is a bit of class clown, the more attention they give him, the more he acts out.

Now when we go outside he does not play, he will swing a little but not much more until it is time to go in. I asked him once what game was he playing in the house? He said power rangers, so I encouraged him to play power rangers but that only last so long. But once inside, he is running and jumping again. (why is that, why does he do nothing outside?)

Any suggestion? He starts school next week and this week, he has been getting time out while in time out. (I left the room (aka I was out of his sight) while he was in time out and he got up, when I came back he ran back to the stool, so I moved him to the corner, where I can see him better.)

More reference on DCB. He races to eat, so much that he swallowed his food whole to the point that he gags and spits it back up. I talked to him about it and he has slowed down but even with seconds, which is rare, he is still the first done. Then he goofs off getting the others to laugh at him.

Help!
Silly Songs 08:01 PM 09-02-2015
Sounds like he is getting bored with the younger children . Do you have any structured time ? ( circle time , etc ) where he can shine ? Or put him in charge of something ( organizing the toys , weatherman for the morning ...) so he feels that it's a privlige to be the older one .
Play Care 03:36 AM 09-03-2015
Originally Posted by Silly Songs:
Sounds like he is getting bored with the younger children . Do you have any structured time ? ( circle time , etc ) where he can shine ? Or put him in charge of something ( organizing the toys , weatherman for the morning ...) so he feels that it's a privlige to be the older one .
This.
I find older kids physically need to be very active or they get into trouble. It's really hard to meet their needs sometimes in a home day care, unfortunately.

Is there anyway you can get outside for a little bit before you put baby down? Maybe even moving breakfast time a bit?
284878 07:32 AM 09-03-2015
Originally Posted by Play Care:
This.
I find older kids physically need to be very active or they get into trouble. It's really hard to meet their needs sometimes in a home day care, unfortunately.

Is there anyway you can get outside for a little bit before you put baby down? Maybe even moving breakfast time a bit?
I have tried to give him activities, had him writing his Abc, name and so forth. Getting him ready for school. When I do circle time, he screams out the answers before I ask question or when I ask the other kids the answer (he actually "helps" his sister so much she at 4 can not do things that my DD at 3 can do on her own). He dances around and will not sit still, I have excused him from circle time before but as soon as I do that DCG gets upset that I excused him and not her. (They both have some control issues)

If DCG and DD are playing together quietly, he gets jealous and finds a way to end it. He will call DCG to come play with him or join in and start giving instructions on how he wants to play. DCG will Submits to it no matter what she is doing. Then she gets mad at DD because she does not comply with DCB wants to do. DCB has told on DD for not wanting to do what he wants her to do.

Old schedule was
8-830 arrive and free play
830-9/910 outside and feed baby
910 diaper change and nap
915 prep breakfast
920 wash and breakfast
10 circle time / story / free play / table activity - this is when he starts running
11 start lunch
1130 lunch
1140 DCB done with lunch and clowning around while the others eat (I have even had him wait to eat but he still gets done first)
12 outside

New schedule
8-830 arrive
840 BKfast
9 nap
920 circle time / story / free play / table activity
1030 start lunch - this is when he starts running
11 lunch
1110 DCB done with lunch and clowning around while the others eat
1130 outside

If he does not like the activity he decides that no one likes it. If I separate them (DCB from DCG) they both pout and will not participate in the separate activity. When they are together, he does everything for her.
Reply Up