Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Weekend Care
MrsB 09:02 AM 02-10-2012
Anyone who has experience with weekend care, what do you charge?

I have a parent who's job just changed and she has to work one weekend day a month. On this week she would get Monday, Tuesday off. She wanted to know if I would be willing to watch her occasionally on that weekend day if she couldnt find anyone else.

I told her I would think about it and get back to her.

Now my stipulations would be I wont do anything before 8am on a weekend day and she usually picks up between 4 and 430. I would prefer to charge a daily rate rather than per hour. She will be 2 next week but talks like a 3yr old and is pretty much a breeze. Only thing is that she is one of those that absolutely needs a 2.5/3hr nap at noon otherwise she is an absolute bear.

I normally get 185 a week for her m-f 6am-430pm. Not sure what I should charge her for the one weekend day. I dont mind doing it on an emergency basis, but want to make it a significant enough money where it detours from her always asking me. Also I am not sure why she told me she would have monday and tuesday off thos weeks, if she was planning on keeping her home those days that she has to work the weekend day. Normally she brings her wether she has to work or not.

What do you think is fair?
Tags:weekend care
Up