Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Charge to Potty Train?
dan18ny 02:55 PM 03-18-2015
Hi guys,

I was wondering if you charge to potty train? My wife was told by her friend who runs a daycare that she charges parents to potty train their kid. Is this reasonable or are we supposed to provide that service for no additional charge?

Thanks
Unregistered 02:58 PM 03-18-2015
I don't charge extra. I do have a different rate at 4 years AND potty trained.
daycare 02:58 PM 03-18-2015
I have never seen that before, but I charge a higher rate for kids that are not PT. I will not PT them for people, but I will help if the parent is on board and the child is ready.
Heidi 02:59 PM 03-18-2015
I've never heard of anyone doing that.

Most of us SUPPORT potty training, we won't do it alone. The parents start, and we help. That's part of the business.

Does she charge extra for feeding the children, providing activities, taking walks, and changing diapers? Maybe she uses and "Ala Cart" system.
Unregistered 02:59 PM 03-18-2015
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I don't charge extra. I do have a different rate at 4 years AND potty trained.
Also- I offer potty training assistance. I assist while they are here but it's the parents responsiblity.
Thriftylady 03:32 PM 03-18-2015
I help with potty training. I don't charge extra for it. To me it is part of the job, but I expect the parents to start it at home and stay on board.
dan18ny 04:20 PM 03-18-2015
Thanks for the input everyone. I will definitely let my wife know. It didn't seem right to me.
AmyKidsCo 04:28 PM 03-18-2015
Originally Posted by Heidi:
I've never heard of anyone doing that.

Most of us SUPPORT potty training, we won't do it alone. The parents start, and we help. That's part of the business.

Does she charge extra for feeding the children, providing activities, taking walks, and changing diapers? Maybe she uses and "Ala Cart" system.

I don't charge either, but have a lower rate for 4 yr olds than 2-3 yr olds because I assume they'll be PT'd by 4. I prefer to do it by age than by PT or not PT because I don't want parents to pressure their children to get the lower rate. (I once had a DCM want to start PT her DCB because she was almost out of the free diapers she had and wanted to put him in the free pull-ups she had instead of buying diapers.)
nannyde 04:43 PM 03-18-2015
If they want to train at a time or in a way that I don't offer then the child needs his own adult. That would be charged to the parents in addition to their tuition.
hope 04:57 PM 03-18-2015
In my area there is a potty training service. A few women own a business where they will come to your home for a few days to train your child. They do this all day. Not sure what happens at night. Do they sleep over? It is expensive but around here parents will pay for someone to do anything as long as they don't have to do it themselves.
I have considered doing this on the side because so many parents have asked for tips and just want someone else to do it. Your wife may be able to charge....just depends on how much of her time an effort she is willing to invest.
Gemma 05:01 PM 03-18-2015
Originally Posted by dan18ny:
Hi guys,

I was wondering if you charge to potty train? My wife was told by her friend who runs a daycare that she charges parents to potty train their kid. Is this reasonable or are we supposed to provide that service for no additional charge?

Thanks
I personally would never charge for potty training, or for any other child development.
Sugaree 07:05 AM 03-19-2015
Wow. My son's daycare is actually leading the charge to start potty training him. He's the youngest in the class and the only boy (now that the rooms are finally split apart and he's back to small group again!!!) so I think they are just doing the same thing with him as they are with the girls.

We're not really pushing it at home right now. We have a potty, and he's used it a time or two. He was terrified of it when we first brought it home, so that's an improvement. I honestly don't think he's ready. He won't be 2 until June and right now is unable to pull his pants up and down by himself. But if they want to do it then that's cool with me.
laundrymom 10:09 AM 03-19-2015
Originally Posted by hope:
In my area there is a potty training service. A few women own a business where they will come to your home for a few days to train your child. They do this all day. Not sure what happens at night. Do they sleep over? It is expensive but around here parents will pay for someone to do anything as long as they don't have to do it themselves.
I have considered doing this on the side because so many parents have asked for tips and just want someone else to do it. Your wife may be able to charge....just depends on how much of her time an effort she is willing to invest.
Wow. That seems. .... Close your mouth, Laundry.
That sounds like an entrepreneurial way to make a side income. :-)
hope 10:17 AM 03-19-2015
Originally Posted by laundrymom:
Wow. That seems. .... Close your mouth, Laundry.
That sounds like an entrepreneurial way to make a side income. :-)
Hahahaha!
Tags:potty training - charge, potty training advice
Reply Up