Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Discipline Problems With Your Own Children
DancingQueen 09:05 AM 10-01-2010
Has anyone had to deal with any serious behaviors by your own children effecting daycare?
Brookers 09:48 AM 10-01-2010
Originally Posted by sbschildcare:
Has anyone had to deal with any serious behaviors by your own children effecting daycare?
YES!! My son is a crazy man!! when he went to daycare himself he was the biter, hitter and toy stealer. He is just soooo busy he doesnt think. My husband was the same way when he was a kid. Luckily DS is growing out (he will be 3 in Jan) of it and rarely bites now, he really just puts him mouth on them now and doesnt bite down, he still gets time outs for it. He does disrupt the "harmony" of my daycare a lot of the time cause he just acts crazy, and I just send him to his room either for a time out or to play by himself. I tell him if he cant play nice he has to play by himself, and if he really does something bad I send him to bed. I also have a seperate play room (which is my daughters bedroom) that I can send him to to play if he is too outta hand around the babies. I have 5 babies all under the age of 15 mo. in my daycare. All I can say is what was told to me by my MIL is hang in there, keep on him and he WILL grow out of it. My DS is a handfull but he is manageable with time outs and lose of privileges. Its tough and I totally feel for you. Hang in there!
God Bless.
melskids 10:14 AM 10-01-2010
HELLO... everyday for the last 8 years. he punishes me for having to share his mommy with other kids....lol
DancingQueen 10:16 AM 10-01-2010
my 8 year old son has gotten so bad we're going to start counseling and possibly have him evaluated to make sure there isn't more going on. 90% of the time it happens off hours - but yesterday it happened on hours and a dc dad walked in on it. I thought I'd never see them again. It was THAT bad
melskids 11:08 AM 10-01-2010
(((((hugs))))) sorry to hear that. is there anything going on at school that is bothering him?
My4SunshineGirlsNY 11:31 AM 10-01-2010
Yes! My oldest daughter is 13 and has ADHD so she acts like a 2 year old at times.....and my youngest daughter is almost 5 and is difficult....I always feel that this will hurt my business but I have 3 awesome families that love what I do.

My youngest gets mouthy...says "your stupid" or "I hate you mom" when she gets in trouble. She whines a lot to get her own way even though I don't give in, so I get to hear her whine constantly. She hits her sisters and on occation has hit the school age daycare girls.

I don't know why she acts the way she acts..I don't let her get away with negative behavior and it has been going on since she was 3 (she's almost 5). It gets so draining and embarrassing. She has got much better since she started kindergarten 3 weeks ago. I think she just gets so overwhelmed with all the chaos of daycare...I mean she has 3 sisters here PLUS 4 daycare kids...I think some kids just get overwhelmed and act out.
Tags:disipline, provider children
Reply Up