Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Shoes Are In Her Bag
MarinaVanessa 09:20 AM 08-05-2011
So DCM drops off DCG wrapped in a blanket and still sleepy eyed and lays her on the couch. She's fully dressed and her hair is brushed etc so that's a good sign (I checked). DCM tells me as she's leaving that DCG's shoes and an extra pair of socks are in her bag and leaves to work. I take a quick peek in the bag and yep they're in there alright. They're a cute pair in fact. They're shiny, silver and purple ... plastic dress-up shoes. Really?
mom2many 09:22 AM 08-05-2011
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
So DCM drops off DCG wrapped in a blanket and still sleepy eyed and lays her on the couch. She's fully dressed and her hair is brushed etc so that's a good sign (I checked). DCM tells me as she's leaving that DCG's shoes and an extra pair of socks are in her bag and leaves to work. I take a quick peek in the bag and yep they're in there alright. They're a cute pair in fact. They're shiny, silver and purple ... plastic dress-up shoes. Really?
LOL Seriously it makes you wonder what some parents are thinking! Geez...
Cat Herder 10:31 AM 08-05-2011
I have had that before, too..high heels.

Mine also came in the matching Disney Princess, mall toy store, dressup gown, though...

I just changed her into appropriate clothing real quick and sent the TOYS back with mom for safe keeping.

Have you seen the price tags on those?!! There is no way that thing would have lasted a day here...
MarinaVanessa 02:07 PM 08-05-2011
Yep the shoes broke here . I just packed them back in the bag and explained it to DCM. She gave me this look , I gave her this look , she asked me what happened and tried to give me this look , I told her "you brought her those shoes instead of real shoes so she wanted to wear those all day" and then she gave me this look .

I tell ya. I just let them bring whatever they want as long as it isn't dangerous. They tend not to bring anything though because it always ends up broken. She even asked me why my toys don't break and I told her that I forked out a pretty penny for stronger and sturdier toys that can withstand the beating. They sure don't make toys like they used to let me tell you. Toys from home don't last more than 2 seconds here.
Kaddidle Care 03:53 PM 08-05-2011
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
I take a quick peek in the bag and yep they're in there alright. They're a cute pair in fact. They're shiny, silver and purple ... plastic dress-up shoes. Really?
Ahahahahaha! Sorry they broke but DUH! What WAS she thinking?

They're as bad as the flip flops the parents send them in when we tell them over and over - no open toed shoes.
Tags:dress code, liability, safety issues, unreasonable parental expectations
Reply Up