Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Sleeping After Drop-off
TSDaycare 04:09 AM 09-16-2010
Do other daycares have kids who come in and go back to sleep after drop-off in the morning? My 1st dck comes at 630 and is pretty rude and nasty cause she is always tired and wants to go back to sleep, meanwhile the others are running around her screaming. Her parents dont make her go to bed until at least 930-she is 10 yrs old and pretty much walks all over her parents-she is an only child!
PAMommy1228 04:47 AM 09-16-2010
Originally Posted by sdb20636:
Do other daycares have kids who come in and go back to sleep after drop-off in the morning? My 1st dck comes at 630 and is pretty rude and nasty cause she is always tired and wants to go back to sleep, meanwhile the others are running around her screaming. Her parents dont make her go to bed until at least 930-she is 10 yrs old and pretty much walks all over her parents-she is an only child!

I have 2 children that go back to sleep when they get here. My first kids come in at 5:30 though and they are 5 & 7. They just lay on the couch and fall asleep until it's time to get ready for school.
kidkair 05:48 AM 09-16-2010
I'd let her go back to sleepas she definately needs more sleep. Also I wouldn't want to deal with her being so crabby and rude and I know that neither will her teachers. So let her sleep so she has a good day of learning ahead of her.
laundryduchess@yahoo.com 06:32 AM 09-16-2010
my first ones come in at 430, 5, 545 and 615,.. they can lay down until 7 if they want. But we are up, and running the sweeper at 7 am every morning.
DancingQueen 09:35 AM 09-16-2010
I don't, but I don't have any drop offs until 7am. That being said I wouldn't go out of my way to reserve a napping spot for her - but I'd gladly allow her to lie down on the couch while the morning gets under way and if she fell asleep that would be fine.
Chickenhauler 04:32 PM 09-16-2010
Not being a morning person myself, I can't imagine dealing with "running around and screaming" at 630 am.

Mornings around our place are subdued thankfully. Being loud early in the morning in our house will earn you a one way ticket to the corner.

We do have kids that arrive at oddball hours of the morning, sometimes 3 or 5 am, and they don't even really wake up, just zombie shuffle their way from the car to the couch.

They're allowed to sleep until they either wake up, or it's time to get ready to head off to school.
Tags:sleep problems, sleep time, sleeping
Reply Up